Photo

Help- I can’t decide on a destination!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Tiffanys

Tiffanys
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

We are considering Isla Mujeres, maybe the Wyndham Grand Resort, for our wedding but we were worried that there wouldn't be enough entertainment being it is such a small island.

Most of the guest will be there for full 7 days, is there enough for our guest to do there for a full week?

This is such a hard decision!

#2 Kimmysals

Kimmysals
    • 240 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

We were in Isla Mujeres in June of '08 and were completely entertained for a week. We decided it would be the perfect place for a destination wedding. If you want more info about what to do on the island, I highly recommend checking the forum on Hotels and Vacation Reviews - TripAdvisor and IslaMujeres.info - Your Guide to Isla Mujeres Mexico
      You could also buy a IM map from the map chick, which has tons of great information.
      MapChick's travel tips

To some extent, I think the level of entertainment depends on your guests. Do they need you to constantly plan things for them or can you give them some suggestions to keep them entertained? There are great snorkeling trips they can take or they can rent golf carts and explore the island. I think our guests will be sad to leave.

#3 Nicyx

Nicyx
      • 2,914 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Hello, congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#4 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
        • 199 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

You're right about a lot of options and choices available.......all the best with picking the right one for you two.......happy planning :)

#5 SomersSK

SomersSK
          • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

Congrats and Good Luck!

Sarah and Paul
            Dreams Punta Cana
            Jan 12, 2011 - 4pm

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/dxYEm4.png

#6 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
            • Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

Welcome to the forum
              :)

#7 Mere

Mere
              • 729 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:19 AM

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum! After I finally booked our resort-everything else just fell into place. Good Luck and Happy Planning!

#8 Tiffanys

Tiffanys
                • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:19 AM

Our guests like to be busy but aren’t not too hard to please. I have never been to Isla but after doing some research and looking at the pictures I feel in love with it!! We are thinking of staying that the Privilege Aluxes and having the wedding at the Zama Beach Club.

I have heard that the Privilege Aluxes is not easy to work with, where did your guests stay.

Thanks- I love this forum!

#9 Ashley*

Ashley*
                  • 206 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

Welcome! Ive heard nothing but good things about Isla Mujeres, I'm sure you'll have the wedding of your dreams!
                    Dreams Los Cabos is where I'll be on four twenty-three, 2011.

#10 Kimmysals

Kimmysals
                    • 240 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

Our guests are staying at Posada del Mar. We stayed there in 2008 and it is so reasonable for what you get and in a great location. I've heard good things about Privilege Aluxes though. And tons of people have very beautiful weddings at Zamas beach. The only reason we did not choose Zamas is the site charge of $3,000 (for Friday or Saturday).

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users