Jump to content

Photo

Any brides from the UK


  • Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#2861 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,301 posts

    Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

    Thanks Nicy & Lyndsey, i've dropped the tablets down from 2 to 1. Just in case it is them making me feel sick. I had an early night and took the hot water bottle with me. I actually slept ok'ish. My back is still not right but slightly better. Easing a bit cos of the tabs. I think i will make an appointment for next week to see the doc anyway.

     

    Nicy i hope you feel better soon. So horrible when we're ill especially with everything we have coming up! I'm so frustrated about feeling rough. Just want to feel normal.

     

    Maybe you girls are all up to date with your jabs and that's why you dont need them...? I haven't had a jab in yrs so knew i'd need them.

     

    Wow what a bargain with your flower girl dress.. any pix?



    #2862 janapana

    janapana
    • Member
    • 591 posts

      Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:31 AM



      Originally Posted by michelle2011 

       

      Jo said something that helped me when i felt a bit rubbish about things.... she said.. everything is highlighted now because of the wedding and big event coming up. After the wedding things will settle down and not be magnified how they are now and that advise is keeping me going... hope i've been some help to you...xx
       

       



      It's true Michelle, things got a lot easier after the wedding. They've got 100 times harder in the last 10 days since we got a date on our house. We had to pack up and get all our stuff shipped off with about 5 days notice. We leave on Sunday morning to come back to your cold cold country and OMG we cannot agree on anything at the moment!



      #2863 kiwimel

      kiwimel
      • Newbie
      • 79 posts

        Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:18 AM

        I havent been to any wedding fairs but I tell you what, with the amount of brides getting married abroad these days, I reckon you could make a right brilliant little business out of specialising in things like that!  I also think for destination wedding attire - i.e. natural fabric wedding dresses etc.  I sit there thinking that all the time!  Dont steal my idea - I'm patenting it as we speak! LOL

         

        Havent had any injections as I had all those when I first arrived in London.  I believe those are standard innoculations thaat everyone has to have and if you havent had them in a while they just renew them.  Tetnus sucks - feels like someone has given you a dead arm!

         

        I am looking at getting these dresses for my bridemaids as they are all different ages, sizes and different countries!  They are a great price I reckon and you just pick the colour.  I have been in contact with the lady and she is right awesome and super quick at getting at getting back to me.  Just thought I would share some info incase it might be suitable for you!

         

        http://www.etsy.com/...s-made-to-order

         

        xxxx



        #2864 michelle2011

        michelle2011
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,301 posts

          Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:00 AM



          Originally Posted by janapana 





          It's true Michelle, things got a lot easier after the wedding. They've got 100 times harder in the last 10 days since we got a date on our house. We had to pack up and get all our stuff shipped off with about 5 days notice. We leave on Sunday morning to come back to your cold cold country and OMG we cannot agree on anything at the moment!



          Jo i am holding onto your advice for dear life lol - OMG good luck with the move! And it is bloody freezing over here!! My neighbour said to me this morning. Michelle i havent seen you in months. I was like, yeh cos i'm hiding from the cold ha ha... But moving = stress! Good luck :o)

           

           



          Originally Posted by kiwimel 

          I havent been to any wedding fairs but I tell you what, with the amount of brides getting married abroad these days, I reckon you could make a right brilliant little business out of specialising in things like that!  I also think for destination wedding attire - i.e. natural fabric wedding dresses etc.  I sit there thinking that all the time!  Dont steal my idea - I'm patenting it as we speak! LOL

           

          Havent had any injections as I had all those when I first arrived in London.  I believe those are standard innoculations thaat everyone has to have and if you havent had them in a while they just renew them.  Tetnus sucks - feels like someone has given you a dead arm!

           

          I am looking at getting these dresses for my bridemaids as they are all different ages, sizes and different countries!  They are a great price I reckon and you just pick the colour.  I have been in contact with the lady and she is right awesome and super quick at getting at getting back to me.  Just thought I would share some info incase it might be suitable for you!

           

          http://www.etsy.com/...s-made-to-order

           

          xxxx



          Oh i love the dresses, good she can do them in all shapes and sizes too :o)

           



          #2865 char79uk

          char79uk
          • Jr. Member
          • 262 posts

            Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:09 AM

            Hi ladies

             

            quick catch up.

             

            herbie - sorry to hear the hair trials weren't great, but i'm sure there'll be plenty more.  And your hen sounds fab by the way, you're going to have a great time.

             

            kiwimel - WELL DONE YOU for raising the money for NZ and that was so nice of your company to match it. 

             

            Nicy - I love your cake toppers, i think i'll pay the website a visit.  your post box is brilliant i tell you you girls are so creative, i'm crap at things like that and how lovely of your inlaws to give you money as a pressie, it must ease the pressure a bit knowing that you've got some savings now. xx

             

            Michelle - awwww hun, you really are going through it, i hope your back gets better soon and this sickness passes...big hugs xxx

             

            gom4good - wow you have been a busy bee, i'll keep an eye out for you for coral bm dresses.

             

             

             

             


            xxx Charmaine xxx

            #2866 char79uk

            char79uk
            • Jr. Member
            • 262 posts

              Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:24 AM

              OK girls i don't know what i've done to deserve this but FMIL landed in the country yesterday. She is selling her house so has come over to sign papers and sort out the stuff in the house.  She is staying at the house but it has been vacant for 6 months so the gas is off, FI went to visit yesterday after work and brought her some snack bits and took out for lunch but when he got back he said the house is so cold and dirty because its been vacant for 6 months and she was sitting in the bed with her clothes on and he felt awful leaving her there.  I knew he wouldn't ask me if she could stay but I felt compelled to offer because she is his mum and if it was my mum there wouldn't even be any hesitation she would not be staying there.  As soon as the words came out of my mouth I wondered what I was thinking.  FI asked her if she'd like to stay and explained that she would have to kip on the couch but she said yes she would love to, she is only here for 1 week but i have a feeling it is going to be a looooooooong week.....what am i going to do????

               

              We are picking her up straight after work today, i've got about 3 loads of washing to do, the dishes are in the sink, the house needs hoovering...you know the usual!!!  I'm hoping that it will be ok and she has changed her ways since we last saw each other but its probably wishful thinking....

               

              I apologise in advance for the amount of moaning and cursing that I will be doing on here over the next week!!!


              xxx Charmaine xxx

              #2867 michelle2011

              michelle2011
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,301 posts

                Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:45 AM



                Originally Posted by char79uk 

                OK girls i don't know what i've done to deserve this but FMIL landed in the country yesterday. She is selling her house so has come over to sign papers and sort out the stuff in the house.  She is staying at the house but it has been vacant for 6 months so the gas is off, FI went to visit yesterday after work and brought her some snack bits and took out for lunch but when he got back he said the house is so cold and dirty because its been vacant for 6 months and she was sitting in the bed with her clothes on and he felt awful leaving her there.  I knew he wouldn't ask me if she could stay but I felt compelled to offer because she is his mum and if it was my mum there wouldn't even be any hesitation she would not be staying there.  As soon as the words came out of my mouth I wondered what I was thinking.  FI asked her if she'd like to stay and explained that she would have to kip on the couch but she said yes she would love to, she is only here for 1 week but i have a feeling it is going to be a looooooooong week.....what am i going to do????

                 

                We are picking her up straight after work today, i've got about 3 loads of washing to do, the dishes are in the sink, the house needs hoovering...you know the usual!!!  I'm hoping that it will be ok and she has changed her ways since we last saw each other but its probably wishful thinking....

                 

                I apologise in advance for the amount of moaning and cursing that I will be doing on here over the next week!!!



                Lol, lots of deep breaths for you chick!! OMG i'd hate my witch of a MIL staying at my house. Just ignore her rotten mouth. Walk out and laugh at her. Dont let her get the better of you. I really hope she's going to be ok and has changed but like you say wishful thinking. At least you have bits and bobs to keep you busy. You can be getting on with them and out of her way! Fingers x'd for you hun! Easier said than done i know but you are the better person in all this :o)

                 

                Here if you want to vent!!

                 



                #2868 char79uk

                char79uk
                • Jr. Member
                • 262 posts

                  Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:40 AM


                  Oh Michelle, i really don't know how i'm going to cope.  I'm sitting at work watching the time, Wayne is picking me up at 4pm and then we're going to get her.  I'll have the dishes and hoovering done in no time, so god knows whats going to keep me busy.  I just hope she is going to make an effort for Wayne's sake if nothing else.  I just don't want anymore anomosity before the wedding and I know that she is going to ask why BIL is not bestman anymore...I just don't know if i have it in me to put up and shut up anymore!!!

                   

                  Originally Posted by michelle2011 





                  Lol, lots of deep breaths for you chick!! OMG i'd hate my witch of a MIL staying at my house. Just ignore her rotten mouth. Walk out and laugh at her. Dont let her get the better of you. I really hope she's going to be ok and has changed but like you say wishful thinking. At least you have bits and bobs to keep you busy. You can be getting on with them and out of her way! Fingers x'd for you hun! Easier said than done i know but you are the better person in all this :o)

                   

                  Here if you want to vent!!

                   



                   


                  xxx Charmaine xxx

                  #2869 samcalv1

                  samcalv1
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 300 posts

                    Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:46 AM

                    Michelle - Really hope you start feeling better soon you xxxx and the same for you Nicy xxx And yes Michelle you were a help thanx hun xxx

                     

                    Thanx for all your kind words I had a really good chat with Calvin y'day and he made me feel so much better.... Starting to realise I need to chill out and relax and enjoy the planning of my wedding and to stop worrying about other things... What you said made sense xxx Thanx again xxx Really looking forward to going to London now xx

                     

                    Jo - Good luck with your move... Moving is stressful enough without it being between different countries  xx

                     

                    Char - Good luck with your visitor xxx Hope it isn't too stressful for you xx



                    #2870 michelle2011

                    michelle2011
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,301 posts

                      Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:09 AM



                      Originally Posted by char79uk 


                      Oh Michelle, i really don't know how i'm going to cope.  I'm sitting at work watching the time, Wayne is picking me up at 4pm and then we're going to get her.  I'll have the dishes and hoovering done in no time, so god knows whats going to keep me busy.  I just hope she is going to make an effort for Wayne's sake if nothing else.  I just don't want anymore anomosity before the wedding and I know that she is going to ask why BIL is not bestman anymore...I just don't know if i have it in me to put up and shut up anymore!!!

                       



                       


                      God i so know how you feel. I have been biting my tongue for over a yr now and all i really wanna do is tell my horrible MIL where she can stick it but i like you dont want anymore upset before the wedding so i am biding my time. She will get hers but she wont ruin my day in the process. But she wont get away with it. However. I dont hardly see her now so i dont know if i could hold it all in if she were in my house for a week!! lots of counting to 10 for you...
                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users