Photo

Moon Palace -Catholic Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:59 AM

Thank you for the clarification. If it weren't for you ladies I wouldn't know what to plan for. It's a shame Palace resorts can't get their act together and work with us.

No it is not legal in Mexico! We are doing a Catholic ceremony at MP, and we were told that we would have to make it legal BEFORE we went down there. They keep church and state totally seperate. Your wedding will be valid in the eyes of the Catholic church, but not legal in the US. Hope that helps! :)

Waiting on Palace Resorts to sign our contract.

#42 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
    • 88 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

So I'm going to assume I could not do a legal ceremony one day and the catholic ceremony the next day or a day later, or could we? Just throwing this question out there as that is what the FI would like to know. Thanks for the help/answers ladies!

#43 krsmith

krsmith
      • 528 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

Yes you can! you would have to get your blood drawn there (within 24 hrs) and of course pay the fees for a civil ceremony which is something like $300 I think. But as far as I know it is possible!

Originally Posted by Bojanglesgirl 

So I'm going to assume I could not do a legal ceremony one day and the catholic ceremony the next day or a day later, or could we?

Just throwing this question out there as that is what the FI would like to know.

Thanks for the help/answers ladies!

#44 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
        • 88 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

Thank you Krsmith for that information. We are ok with the blood tests. As doctors you get get use to that kind of thing. It's nice to know we can do a civil and religious ceremony all at once. Again ladies I appreciate all of your help with my questions. My FI will be so happy when I give him the news!

#45 mikegerrish

mikegerrish
          • Banned
          • 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

Nice to meet you, and i hope you will find lots of information from here

#46 krsmith

krsmith
            • 528 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

No problem!

Just be careful! There was a review posted by another bride on here and I believe she was a nurse, and she was concerned about the sanitation of everything. She said the person was not wearing gloves and wondered what else was not sanitized! I found her review so you can read it:

Thank you Krsmith for that information. We are ok with the blood tests. As doctors you get get use to that kind of thing. It's nice to know we can do a civil and religious ceremony all at once. Again ladies I appreciate all of your help with my questions. My FI will be so happy when I give him the news!

#47 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
              • 88 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

We are looking to do the Sapphire Package with the addition of the Catholic Ceremony.  If we can't do that then we would look at doing the Immaculate Conception package.  It's been over 2 weeks of asking for the wedding contract without a single response from either myself or from my TA.  It's been tough to want to book with this group, but if the final outcome is as good as most people say it was for them, it just might be worth it.  

We were also looking at doing the Lasso ceremony, but being that neither of us are Mexican/Spanish we didn't know if they would do it for us.  Let me know what you find out because we would love to add that to our current list of cultural ceremonies (we are having a tea ceremony for his Chinese background and a Polish blessing for my Polish background) so why not add another ceremony!

#48 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
                • 88 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

Oh and thanks for that post about the blood draw.  I'll show it to my FI and see how he feels about it.  

#49 kyndall

kyndall
                  • 151 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

I think that you can do a legal ceremony and religious ceremony in Mexico.  They just have to be 2 different ceremonies.  Does that make sense?

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Try finding the MP thread and hopefully some of the past, present, or future brides will be able to answer your question!  Happy planning!

#50 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
                    • 88 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for the clarification on this.  We will get it all in writing in our wedding contract so when we get there we can do both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users