Newbie Budget Bride

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 BoSoxChick

• 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by elisha0607
    Hi Shannon, I am a Yankees fan and my Fiance is a Red Sox fan- makes our relationship very interesting- this is my DIY cake topper inspiration: http://www.topperswi..../07/ny_b-4.jpg
    That is GREAT! You guys much have so much fun during the Sox/Yankees games. It brings it to a whole new level!

#12 lizsays2u

• 54 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

Congrats and happy planning! I know Jamaica has some really great packages. A few resorts even give you a free ceremony if you stay a certain # of nights.

#13 Jenny310

• 245 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi Shannon - I'm also trying to stick to a small budget. Don't worry you can still have your dream wedding no matter what the budget is. There is a ton of things you can do on your own. This forum is great, you'll get a ton of ideas!! Good Luck!

#14 Kimmysals

• 240 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Hi Shannon! We chose a destination for this exact same reason. It is just way more affordable. We are doing a destination wedding in Mexico that is not in a resort. But the cost is really quite affordable although this depends on how many guests you invite. I hope the forum helps you figure it out!

#15 jennypenny23

• 295 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

to the forum Shannon! Happy planning!!

#16 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
            • Vendor
            • 323 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hello Shannon,
              Welcome to the forum.
              Have you think about Mexico, Riviera Maya offfers to many good options.
              We wish you the best.

#17 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

Welcome to the forum and have fun planning!!!

#18 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
                • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hi Shannon,
                Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#19 LA923

• 200 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

Welcome Shannon. I second everything the other girls said. I also think you should just keep in mind that there are no rules for a DW. If you don't want to do a cocktail hour after the reception and want your guests to enjoy the rest of the day until the dinner, no biggie, they may even enjoy that more. Plus, realize that there are some things that are simply worth doing yourself. For example, I know a lot of the girls do their own centerpieces and bring them down because some of the hotels charge $90 per centerpiece for something quite small and not what they want. Oh, and another tip, check out Vistaprint. Sign up for their emails and you will receive all kinds of offers for free stuff. You simply pay for shipping, there is a thread on here about it and I'm sure you would find it helpful. You will def find other great ideas on here. Best of luck.

#20 Patourn

• 377 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

and congrats!! Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users