Newbie - Toronto but soon to be Calgary

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MissNatalie18

• 172 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hi All,

My name is Natalie, and I just got engaged 3 weeks ago. I came on here to learn how to plan the best destination wedding ever. I am going to be getting married in April 2011 in Punta Cana...still picking the hotel. I really am interested in the Iberostar Grand, but there is not that much info that I have found about weddings there yet.

My finance lives in Calgary so I will be moving there June 7th, 2010. I am already head deep in my wedding planning and have even bought my dress...now I just have to narrow down my wedding spot.

Any tips would be great.

#2 tigger

• 391 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
      Getting married November 10, 2010 - Sandals Grande Antigua

#3 jennypenny23

• 295 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

Natalie!! I'm sure you'll find everything you want to know here! Good luck and happy planning! =o)

#4 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:05 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
          Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#5 MissNatalie18

• 172 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

Thanks guys!!!! So exciting!!!

#6 MayanLily

• 316 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

Welcome to BDW and to Calgary!!! You didn't waste any time finding a dress. For me, that was the worst part. Well that and picking a place...and organizing travel! haha.

Anyways, if you have your eye on some place specific you really should read posts on the resorts thread on here. And ask questions to people that have booked already. Also, your travel agent has probably been to tons of places so she's a good resource too. Good Luck and Happy Planning!

#7 Mere

• 729 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

Congratulations to you! Welcome to this helpful forum! Happy Planning!

#8 Jennybell1

• 661 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

Congrats and welcome to Alberta! Im originally from the GTA and moved to Calgary back in 1997. I moved just outside of Calgary last year. Trust me you will love getting around Calgary - way better then TO. I lived there until I was 18 and I would still get lost! LOL Basically impossible to do here once you figure out that the "streets" always go north and south and "avenues" always go east and west. Oh and the majority of the "trails" go north to south. Trust me it wont take long....lol

You will have a ton of places to check out and make sure you check out the "canadian brides - where to shop" thread on here - tons of info in there as to where to get OOT items, dresses, etc.

Good luck and all the best!!!

#9 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
                  • Vendor
                  • 323 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:44 AM

Hello Natalie,

Welcome to the forum.
                    Sounds like you have to much to do, We wish you all the best.
                    Happy planning

#10 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
                    • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hi Natallie,
                    Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users