omsampad

Riu Palace Cabo RECEPTION!

I'm from Edmonton! When are you getting married? I'm getting married in November.

I have a FABULOUS company I'm working with, but they aren't based in Edmonton, they are based in Vancouver. I had troubles finding anyone here that I liked. I am booked through Blue Petal Destination Weddings...they are a vendor on here so you can check out their website!

Hey Jen,

We have just booked appts with a few travel agents , so hoping to narrow down some dates soon! We are looking into March 2012 . If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get your group rate for from this company? And did you get quotes from many other companies?

How is your planning going?  November is getting close ! you must be getting super excited!!

Hi ladies! I'm getting married at the riu palace in cabo feb 21 2013- expecting about 30 people. We're getting married on the beach at 4 pm and will be doing cocktails then reception afterward. We wanted to have a private reception but it looks like the minimum guests is 35. Ugh. Anyone have recommendations on where we should do our reception so it's at least mostly away from others? We decided on no DJ but still want an area for dancing, etc. any and all suggestions would be great! Thanks! Liz

I'm getting married at the riu palace Feb 11/2013 and are only having 23 people, i'm having a private reception where I'm bringing my own bose ipod player for music. You just can't have a buffet if you have under 50 people, you have to have a per-plate menu which i think is between 36-50ish per person based on the menu u choose, and the private reception costs i think $500 in addition to the cost per plate. hope that helps!

Getting married on November 22nd!! woho!

Just wondering if anyone has had their reception at Don Julio Terrace? What does it look like? Is it near a pool or beach at all?

I am planning my wedding at the RIU for May 2014! I am having the cermony on the beach then need a place for the reception. We are going to get live classical music for the cermony and I think a marachi band for the reception then ipod. I need some insight on what we should do for the reception. Has anyone gotten married here and can help me get started?? Thank u!!

Hi There! Can someone please email me or post on their thread thr cabo info sheet one receives 2 months prior to their wedding?! Thanks! Mrcllvega81@yahoo.com

Originally Posted by lacyb123 View Post

Hi! I wanted to know how your wedding went! I am also doing it at the RIU in Cabo and would love some inside tips! CONGATS!! 

There is a ton of info about Riu Palace receptions from previous brides on here. You just have to search Riu Palace, lots of great info and pictures!