Riu Palace Cabo RECEPTION!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 omsampad

omsampad
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

Hi to all previews or upcoming Riu Palace Brides,

Any suggestions whether to use a Mariachi band or DJ for the reception at Riu Palace Cabo?

Will they allow you to do half and half?

Thanks!!! Appreciate any advice as their isn't much information and reviews about this.

#2 JCruz

JCruz
    • 154 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

You can definitely do half and half. We will be having he mariachi band for the ceremony and we're bringing our own iPod for the reception. It all depends on what you want to pay for.

#3 ichimiyuki

ichimiyuki
      • 30 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

Hi, does the resort have a specific mariachi band they work with? What's the cost to have them play for your ceremony? Thanks!

#4 Lolita29

Lolita29
        • 426 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by ichimiyuki 

Hi, does the resort have a specific mariachi band they work with? What's the cost to have them play for your ceremony? Thanks!

I want to say $600 something. I am looking at having mariachi's play during the cocktail hour and just have an i pod during the reception.

#5 MrsKellyToBe

MrsKellyToBe
          • 24 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

I'm going to do the same thing - either mariarchi or classical live music during the ceremony and bringing an ipod for the reception (I highly suggest Cafe Del Mar music for during the dinner!).  According to the 2010 pricing they sent me (and they do mention they expect it to go up for 2011):

Mariachi per 45 min (10 persons) $600.00 usd
            Trio Mariachi (03 persons) $400 usd

Is anyone else renting out private space for the dinner?  And where are you holding your cermonies?

#6 Lolita29

Lolita29
            • 426 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

I'm renting out the Mexican Terrace for the reception and having the ceremony at the San Jose gazebo.

Originally Posted by MrsKellyToBe 

I'm going to do the same thing - either mariarchi or classical live music during the ceremony and bringing an ipod for the reception (I highly suggest Cafe Del Mar music for during the dinner!).  According to the 2010 pricing they sent me (and they do mention they expect it to go up for 2011):

Mariachi per 45 min (10 persons) $600.00 usd
              Trio Mariachi (03 persons) $400 usd

Is anyone else renting out private space for the dinner?  And where are you holding your cermonies?

#7 MrsKellyToBe

MrsKellyToBe
              • 24 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

Are you all planning to do first dances and speeches at the restaurant?  Will you be having an "MC" to introduce these?

#8 ichimiyuki

ichimiyuki
                • 30 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

Hi Lolita29,

Did they allow you to book/rent the terrace already?  Reason I ask is I was told by my travel agent that these details are finalized after they have the numbers for your wedding (a few months before your wedding date).

We're booked at the Palace for Feb 18, 2011, I noticed your wedding day is in May 2011.  Let us know!

#9 Lolita29

Lolita29
                  • 426 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

Yea, i got in touch with the wedding coordinator right away and got the terrace reserved. You should contact the resort as soon as you can before it's too late and the terrace is no longer available.

#10 Lolita29

Lolita29
                    • 426 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

I think we're going to do our first dance during the cocktail hour. As for speeches that will be during dinner at the restaurant. And my uncle is actually a DJ so he MC all the party's lol .

Originally Posted by MrsKellyToBe 

Are you all planning to do first dances and speeches at the restaurant?  Will you be having an "MC" to introduce these?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users