Photo

Help! Photo luminarias?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 laura b

laura b
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:08 PM

I know I got the idea from this forum, but I can't find the directions anywhere...even after doing a search.

Anyone know how to do those photo luminarias where you print them on vellum paper?

Sorry I've been out of touch lately, but since I've been back from the wedding, I've been hard at work on the AHR and my actual job as well (bummer).

Back soon with a review!

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

Here's one link...

http://bestdestinati....able-idea.html

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:47 PM

is this what you are looking for?
        Photo Centerpiece and more creative crafts projects, templates, tips, clip-art, patterns, and ideas on marthastewart.com

#4 lambert13

lambert13
        • 901 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

I am going to bogart your idea there Laura. Those look so cool.

Good luck with the AHR. Ours is coming up next weekend. Luckily ours is going to be pretty low key so we don't have too much to do.

#5 anaderoux

anaderoux
          • 3,220 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

I think this is the thread you're looking for:

http://bestdestinati....nterpeice.html

#6 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
            • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:07 PM

we did these for our wedding in July and they were AWESOME! let me know if you have any specific questions!
              Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
              http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#7 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL
                we did these for our wedding in July and they were AWESOME! let me know if you have any specific questions!
                Sarah, we still haven't seen pics of your table set up!!

#8 laura b

laura b
                • 334 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

Sweet! Thanks everyone!
                  I sort of played it by ear and went to Ikea and got some frames. Unfortunately they didn't have any hinged ones, so we just got a bunch of frames and are using wood glue to put them together. We also have to paint them since they're in natural wood.

Sarah, did you use b&w or color, and if mixed, which did you like better?

Karen, it was actually Martha Stewart's idea, so take it away. And tell your dear husband that his work will be featured prominently this weekend. Is yours on the 4th or the 11th? Ours is the 4th. I'm stoked to get do have a "do-over" reception since I was sick on my Mexico one. You guys should fly down, it'll be full circle!

I'll post pictures once they're done, but they're coming along nicely.

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

Laura, I don't think they sell the frames hinged, I plan to use tape, (like the directions by Martha Stewart) if we do these.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by laura b
                    Sweet! Thanks everyone!
                    I sort of played it by ear and went to Ikea and got some frames. Unfortunately they didn't have any hinged ones, so we just got a bunch of frames and are using wood glue to put them together. We also have to paint them since they're in natural wood.

Sarah, did you use b&w or color, and if mixed, which did you like better?

Karen, it was actually Martha Stewart's idea, so take it away. And tell your dear husband that his work will be featured prominently this weekend. Is yours on the 4th or the 11th? Ours is the 4th. I'm stoked to get do have a "do-over" reception since I was sick on my Mexico one. You guys should fly down, it'll be full circle!

I'll post pictures once they're done, but they're coming along nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users