Jump to content

Recommended Posts



and as a Palace member, me and my wedding guests (using my family's membership number) will be getting the transfers for free...

Originally Posted by KGirl99 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison15 View Post
I know our guests are all set up with a shuttle. I think the biggest issue is waiting for the shuttle to fill up as they don't make single trips. The shuttle will stop at several resort but MP is the closest so it should be the first stop. I think if you have to wait a while at the airport, it would be frustrating as the actual shuttle ride will only be 15 mins. Waiting for the shuttle is the worst b/c you are so excited to be there and you just want to get to the resort and get out in the sun!

I know that you can arrange your airport transfers through MP. You can go onto their website for reservations. I think it's $10 per person.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



There is a way to pay $30 to be a "supporter" of BDW to have immediate access to upload and download attachments... OR... you can make at least 150 posts to be considered a Junior member and it will allow you to upload and download as well

Originally Posted by kristinkhoffman View Post

I want to look at your attachment but it says I don't have permission to view attachments. Any suggestions?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



this lady sounds ridiculous!!!! I believe you already had your wedding...hope things unfolded more smoothly...

Originally Posted by alison15 View Post

I am planning on asking Palace Resorts to change my WC.  I am within my 90 days and it took her over a month to respond to an email and only did so after I emailed weddings@palaceresorts.com.  Then the email referred to Tuesday Nov. 2nd instead of my actually wedding day Saturday October 2nd.  She also said she had already reserved my reception and cocktail hour locations (for the wrong day) even though I never requested any locations.  I didn't even know what my options were. 

 

Have any other brides on here requested a new WC?  If so what was your experience with them changing it?  Mine has been horrible!.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the questions I asked my WC in Miami so far:

 

Q: Are there multiple photograpers to choose from? Can I see samples of their work?

A: There is more than one photographer.  MP just entered a new contract with Kodak.  There should be a website up with samples soon.

 

Q: The Caribbean Terrace is not included in any of the private event info I received so far.  Is it still available for use.

A: Yes, there is an additional $12 per person set up though.  This additional cost will be applied even if you qualify for the unlimited free events.

 

Q: Can I request a specific WC?

A: Yes as long as the person has not already been assigned on your day.

 

Q: What are the prices for live entertainment for the reception?

A: Mariachi - $580, Mexican Trio - $450, Soloist - $450, Harpist - $480, Jazz Trio - $850, Fire Dancers - $850

 

I also requested price list for the DJ, photographer, outside photographers, optional services for the sapphire package, etc.  If anyone needs this, I'd be happy to email it to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I believe....the Word on the street is that DEL SOL is now an approved vendor at Palace Resorts. Not sure about Matt's Other Company La Luna.  But that might be something you want to look into if you want a more photojournalism look =)
 

I am guessing they might not want to advertise it because its less money they get. I dunno! Maybe Matt can fill us in. All I know is that would be AWSOME!

 

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post

Here are the questions I asked my WC in Miami so far:

 

Q: Are there multiple photograpers to choose from? Can I see samples of their work?

A: There is more than one photographer.  MP just entered a new contract with Kodak.  There should be a website up with samples soon.

 

Q: The Caribbean Terrace is not included in any of the private event info I received so far.  Is it still available for use.

A: Yes, there is an additional $12 per person set up though.  This additional cost will be applied even if you qualify for the unlimited free events.

 

Q: Can I request a specific WC?

A: Yes as long as the person has not already been assigned on your day.

 

Q: What are the prices for live entertainment for the reception?

A: Mariachi - $580, Mexican Trio - $450, Soloist - $450, Harpist - $480, Jazz Trio - $850, Fire Dancers - $850

 

I also requested price list for the DJ, photographer, outside photographers, optional services for the sapphire package, etc.  If anyone needs this, I'd be happy to email it to you.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I would love to see the info for the Sapphire package. I requested additional pictures of the Amber and Emerald and will gladly share once I receive them. Although now that our photographers are joining our group, not sure if we should purchase the package. But I figure it's the only way to ensure we spend the entire $1500. Does anyone know if we still get the Palace member discount if we use the Palace Money to pay?

 

I have also asked about the location of the Terrace Fountain and Terrace Moon.

 

 

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post

Here are the questions I asked my WC in Miami so far:

 

Q: Are there multiple photograpers to choose from? Can I see samples of their work?

A: There is more than one photographer.  MP just entered a new contract with Kodak.  There should be a website up with samples soon.

 

Q: The Caribbean Terrace is not included in any of the private event info I received so far.  Is it still available for use.

A: Yes, there is an additional $12 per person set up though.  This additional cost will be applied even if you qualify for the unlimited free events.

 

Q: Can I request a specific WC?

A: Yes as long as the person has not already been assigned on your day.

 

Q: What are the prices for live entertainment for the reception?

A: Mariachi - $580, Mexican Trio - $450, Soloist - $450, Harpist - $480, Jazz Trio - $850, Fire Dancers - $850

 

I also requested price list for the DJ, photographer, outside photographers, optional services for the sapphire package, etc.  If anyone needs this, I'd be happy to email it to you.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Email me at jennw818@hotmail.com and I will send you the info I received for the sapphire package.  What photographer are you using?

 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post


I would love to see the info for the Sapphire package. I requested additional pictures of the Amber and Emerald and will gladly share once I receive them. Although now that our photographers are joining our group, not sure if we should purchase the package. But I figure it's the only way to ensure we spend the entire $1500. Does anyone know if we still get the Palace member discount if we use the Palace Money to pay?

 

I have also asked about the location of the Terrace Fountain and Terrace Moon.

 

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenn - Thanks, I sent you an email. We actually found a photographer couple that isn't charging us anymore than a regular full day for a local wedding. The wife did our engagement shoot and we're pretty happy with them.

 

Is there anyone that I should request to be my on-site wedding coordinator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Based on the reviews and some of the post I read on here, I requested Kalena.  There are other WC I read good things about, but I can't remember their names.  I can't remember seeing more than two or three bad comments about any of them though.  Everyone seems to rate the on site WC's really high.  That's definitely reassuring.
 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Jenn - Thanks, I sent you an email. We actually found a photographer couple that isn't charging us anymore than a regular full day for a local wedding. The wife did our engagement shoot and we're pretty happy with them.

 

Is there anyone that I should request to be my on-site wedding coordinator?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×