Question to Grand Palladium Brides - Past and Future...CONFUSED..PLEASE HELP :)

Hi Ladies,

We have booked our wedding at the Grand Palladium for Jan 12 2011! I was at this resort last May with a friend, and fell in love with the beauty of it. I have chosed the "Pearl Package", but have a few questions about it (its proving VERY difficult to communicate with the wedding co-ordinator). Would love to hear feedback if possible!

1) I see that the package includes a bouqet and boutinere for the bride and grooms. However, I do not see an option for "add-ons" for bouqets and boutineres for the bridesmaids and groomsmenhuh.gif Maybe I am missing something - do you know if these are provided as part of the pearl package?

2) Does the "sparkling wine for toasting bride and groom" provide enough for all in your party? Does this generally happen immediately after the reception?

3) What does the "wedding bliss decor" entail exactlyhuh.gif We are getting married at the lovers bluff gazebo, and I want to have chairs with covers for the guests...Im hoping this package covers this?

4) If I want to have a private dinner/reception at the blue lagoon restaurant. Is any of this covered in the pearl package? Or is there a per person rate?

5) If you hire the reggae or mento band for instance...do you have the option of when you want them to play? Can you choose to have them play specifically at the dinner/reception? What did most people do for music at their ceremonies? I think I would prefer to hire the reggae band to play at the reception.

Thanks so much...please bear with me and my million questions :)

Our wedding date is April 2, 2011 - this is the info I received from the WC:

"wedding bliss decor" - This is when they decorate your room after the wedding 'Romatic decor done in the bride and grooms room on the night of their wedding".

"add-ons" for bouqets and boutineres - these are additional I was told prices range from $128-$164.

"sparkling wine for toasting bride and groom" included for the 1st 8 people but is $20 each additional person.

private dinner/reception - $45 per person.

I don't know about the band.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told it's $20 pp if more than 8 people for ceremony chairs/ set up so assume that cost includes chair covers, runner ect.

I am on the fence about music still because a lot of ladies say there isnt much time for dancing once dinner is over sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomersSK View Post
Hi Ladies,

We have booked our wedding at the Grand Palladium for Jan 12 2011! I was at this resort last May with a friend, and fell in love with the beauty of it. I have chosed the "Pearl Package", but have a few questions about it (its proving VERY difficult to communicate with the wedding co-ordinator). Would love to hear feedback if possible!

1) I see that the package includes a bouqet and boutinere for the bride and grooms. However, I do not see an option for "add-ons" for bouqets and boutineres for the bridesmaids and groomsmenhuh.gif Maybe I am missing something - do you know if these are provided as part of the pearl package?
They will send you a catalog with all of the bouquets - if you want something more or different, you will be charged for it - I would suggest dealing with the florist directly - it's Tai Florals
2) Does the "sparkling wine for toasting bride and groom" provide enough for all in your party? Does this generally happen immediately after the reception?
It happened right after the reception and yes there was enough - but as the other ladies said, it comes out of the per person that you're paying for

3) What does the "wedding bliss decor" entail exactlyhuh.gif We are getting married at the lovers bluff gazebo, and I want to have chairs with covers for the guests...Im hoping this package covers this?

the decor was actually so nice - our room had rose petals everywhere, on the bed, in the jacuzzi with bubbles - a bottle of champagne and fruit tray - I still need to download my pictures of it!

4) If I want to have a private dinner/reception at the blue lagoon restaurant. Is any of this covered in the pearl package? Or is there a per person rate?

5) If you hire the reggae or mento band for instance...do you have the option of when you want them to play? Can you choose to have them play specifically at the dinner/reception? What did most people do for music at their ceremonies? I think I would prefer to hire the reggae band to play at the reception.

You can probably talk to them about some "must have" songs. The bands I saw at the Infinity Bar were very good

Thanks so much...please bear with me and my million questions :)
That's what we're here for!!!
smile03.gif