Photo

May 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#1401 ahollo02

ahollo02
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:33 AM

How are you girls wearing your hair?? Any photo inspiration?? I'm stuck on how to wear mine. I'm nervous because of Mexico's humidity!

#1402 Cherazi

Cherazi
    • 196 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

I am having my hair up because I am worried about the wind and heat ... Here is what I have in mind:

Back_1.jpgBack_2.jpgFront_1.jpgfront_2.jpg

Check out TheKnot website's hair section. There are a million styles to look at :)

#1403 rosieposie

rosieposie
      • 649 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

no problem   =)
        can't wait to take a look myself today.

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

Thanks for the coupon Rosieposie!!  :o

i'm doing curls and a side ponytail-type "do", with a hair flower i ordered from etsy. i wanted an updo at first but after a trial i decided even with heat and humidity i wanted my hair kind of down.

like cherazi said, check out the knot's website, tons and tons of hair styles to look at.

Originally Posted by ahollo02 

How are you girls wearing your hair?? Any photo inspiration?? I'm stuck on how to wear mine. I'm nervous because of Mexico's humidity!

Great idea. I was thinking of starting to pack this week as well. So if we can't fit everything in our suitcases, I can ask the bride's maids to bring some. 

FI is completely preoccupied with the new house and has left me in charge of the wedding. Oh well! House is important too.

Picking up my dress on Thursday.

Some last minute things to do and we are ready to go, get married and have a great time. 

So exciting :)

#1404 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
        • 447 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

I like your inspiration pictures! I am trying not to get too stuck on one idea for my hair, in case she is unable to recreate it and it looks worse then the picture. i figured I am better off with doing something that she has a lot of experience with and would maybe do a better job at. What do you ladies think?

Originally Posted by Cherazi 

I am having my hair up because I am worried about the wind and heat ... Here is what I have in mind:

Back_1.jpgBack_2.jpgFront_1.jpgfront_2.jpg

Check out TheKnot website's hair section. There are a million styles to look at :)

#1405 AngelaPolles

AngelaPolles
          • Site Supporter
          • 66 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

I think that's a really good idea, I'm a hairdresser and nothing stresses me out more the doing a brides hair! But now that I'm on the other side now I am bring a few pictures to give them an idea of what I'm looking for!

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 

I like your inspiration pictures! I am trying not to get too stuck on one idea for my hair, in case she is unable to recreate it and it looks worse then the picture. i figured I am better off with doing something that she has a lot of experience with and would maybe do a better job at. What do you ladies think?

#1406 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
            • 447 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by AngelaPolles 

I think that's a really good idea, I'm a hairdresser and nothing stresses me out more the doing a brides hair! But now that I'm on the other side now I am bring a few pictures to give them an idea of what I'm looking for!

Glad to hear that from a hairdresser! My good friend is a makeup artist and she says the same thing. Sometimes brides will pick pictures that are either impossible to recreate with their features or is not the most flattering look for them. Sometimes we have to take a deep breath and trust that they know what they are doing!

#1407 Cherazi

Cherazi
              • 196 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

My aunt is a very expensive hair dresser in San Diego. I had her do my hair for my MOH's wedding and told her to do what she thinks will look nice and it was a DISASTER! So I think having at least an idea of the general look is safer, but I agree with not getting too hung up on the details and wanting it to look exactly like the pictures. I think the hair length and thickness plays a role too.

#1408 AngelaPolles

AngelaPolles
                • Site Supporter
                • 66 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

I think the hair length and thickness plays a role too.

This play a huge roll in what you can do with your hair!

#1409 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                  • 447 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:38 AM

My aunt is a very expensive hair dresser in San Diego. I had her do my hair for my MOH's wedding and told her to do what she thinks will look nice and it was a DISASTER! So I think having at least an idea of the general look is safer, but I agree with not getting too hung up on the details and wanting it to look exactly like the pictures. I think the hair length and thickness plays a role too.

Totally, if only I had six inches more of hair I bet I could do a lot with it! :)

#1410 vlynnw

vlynnw
                    • 6,003 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

I wish I had thicker hair, fortunately my hair does whatever you want it to, FX it works out since I decided not to do a trial before heading down!

alright girls I just posted my planning thread...it took over an hour so I left a few things out but it's still plenty long

http://www.bestdesti...ad#post_1586774

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users