Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vlynnw

May 2011 Brides!

Recommended Posts

I am having my hair up because I am worried about the wind and heat ... Here is what I have in mind:

Back_1.jpgBack_2.jpgFront_1.jpgfront_2.jpg

 

Check out TheKnot website's hair section. There are a million styles to look at :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no problem   =)
can't wait to take a look myself today.
 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Thanks for the coupon Rosieposie!!  :o

 



i'm doing curls and a side ponytail-type "do", with a hair flower i ordered from etsy. i wanted an updo at first but after a trial i decided even with heat and humidity i wanted my hair kind of down.


 

like cherazi said, check out the knot's website, tons and tons of hair styles to look at.
 

Originally Posted by ahollo02 View Post

How are you girls wearing your hair?? Any photo inspiration?? I'm stuck on how to wear mine. I'm nervous because of Mexico's humidity!

confused.gif

 

that is a great idea - hehehehe packing earlier and giving BM the overflow. LOL, i hope i don't have a lot of overflow  undecided.gif

 

same, my FI is preoccupied with house stuff and his bachlor party is this weekend so it's me taking on the wedding stuff. i don't even have swin suits ready! time for some shopping~~~~~

 

Originally Posted by Cherazi View Post

Great idea. I was thinking of starting to pack this week as well. So if we can't fit everything in our suitcases, I can ask the bride's maids to bring some. 

 

FI is completely preoccupied with the new house and has left me in charge of the wedding. Oh well! House is important too.

 

Picking up my dress on Thursday.

 

Some last minute things to do and we are ready to go, get married and have a great time. 

 

So exciting :)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your inspiration pictures! I am trying not to get too stuck on one idea for my hair, in case she is unable to recreate it and it looks worse then the picture. i figured I am better off with doing something that she has a lot of experience with and would maybe do a better job at. What do you ladies think?
 

Originally Posted by Cherazi View Post

I am having my hair up because I am worried about the wind and heat ... Here is what I have in mind:

Back_1.jpgBack_2.jpgFront_1.jpgfront_2.jpg

 

Check out TheKnot website's hair section. There are a million styles to look at :)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's a really good idea, I'm a hairdresser and nothing stresses me out more the doing a brides hair! But now that I'm on the other side now I am bring a few pictures to give them an idea of what I'm looking for!


 

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 View Post

I like your inspiration pictures! I am trying not to get too stuck on one idea for my hair, in case she is unable to recreate it and it looks worse then the picture. i figured I am better off with doing something that she has a lot of experience with and would maybe do a better job at. What do you ladies think?
 



 



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by AngelaPolles View Post

 

I think that's a really good idea, I'm a hairdresser and nothing stresses me out more the doing a brides hair! But now that I'm on the other side now I am bring a few pictures to give them an idea of what I'm looking for!

 

 

Glad to hear that from a hairdresser! My good friend is a makeup artist and she says the same thing. Sometimes brides will pick pictures that are either impossible to recreate with their features or is not the most flattering look for them. Sometimes we have to take a deep breath and trust that they know what they are doing!

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My aunt is a very expensive hair dresser in San Diego. I had her do my hair for my MOH's wedding and told her to do what she thinks will look nice and it was a DISASTER! So I think having at least an idea of the general look is safer, but I agree with not getting too hung up on the details and wanting it to look exactly like the pictures. I think the hair length and thickness plays a role too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Cherazi View Post

 

My aunt is a very expensive hair dresser in San Diego. I had her do my hair for my MOH's wedding and told her to do what she thinks will look nice and it was a DISASTER! So I think having at least an idea of the general look is safer, but I agree with not getting too hung up on the details and wanting it to look exactly like the pictures. I think the hair length and thickness plays a role too.

 

Totally, if only I had six inches more of hair I bet I could do a lot with it! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I had thicker hair, fortunately my hair does whatever you want it to, FX it works out since I decided not to do a trial before heading down!

 

alright girls I just posted my planning thread...it took over an hour so I left a few things out but it's still plenty long

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/72180/vlynnw-s-excessively-long-and-pic-loaded-planning-thread#post_1586774

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×