Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
karielk

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

Recommended Posts

Taryn - post details the minute you get home from the fitting!!

 

Carrie, it's unreal how fast it's going!! Three weeks from Sunday!! We fly the same day right? What time do you arrive at Cancun airport? Be so funny to run in to you! I'm expecting to see quite a few girls dragging big white garment bags through the airport, LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Reposting what I think is the latest if anyone else needs to add :

 

 

BDW Name Real Name Departing Wedding Date Location Resort
Alysam4785 Alysa October 30th November 5th Mexico  
kelnces   Kelly October 31st  November 4th  Mexico  
leigh2011 Leigh November 2nd November 5th Mexico Dreams Cancun
JBean Janine November 5th November 10th Mexico  
JoanneIreland Joanne November 6th November 17th Mexico Barcelo Maya Palace
Carrieb258 Carrie November 6th November 10th Mexico  
Pucca Eun-sil November 6th November 11th Mexico Coral Baja, Los Cabos
Danitha Danielle November 7th November 11th Mexico Playacar Palace
82turtles Sarah November 8th November 12th Mexico    
sxcT Taryn November 15th November 18th Mexico Aventura Palace
SarahBen2011 Sarah November 15th November 18th Mexico Dreams PV

 

Alysa you leave in 2.5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pity my poor husband to be, as I think when we return home I will be tossing him aside so I can log in here to check all your updates from your weddings, LOL! I seriously can't wait to hear from all of you after the wedding as well!

I'm already looking forward to writing my planning thread, how sad am I?? :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with you Joanne - I plan on logging on constantly after the wedding to see how everyone else's day went.  I will be especially eager to see everyone's pictures.  And I too can't wait to post my planning thread.  Because of this forum, I have actually been composing my planning thread along the way throughout my engagement - so I think mine will be way too long.

 

As of right now I think all I have left to do is finalize the wording for the ceremony and finish picking the music for the reception.  I am sure there are many more things I can take on if I have time, but they are all small enough that I won't let them stress me out if they don't get done.  Most of my guests have not been to a destination wedding, so they wouldn't know if something was missing or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

 

My hubby to be is out on a job so I am home working on my BD book to him. Want to order soon to esnure it's here on time, you think this is an OK cover?

 

COVER.png

 

Joanne, this looks great! 

 

 

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

 

So it is technically Sunday now and I am getting married today!  It feels so odd because I feel the weight of the commitment that I am about to make but there isn't all of the hoopla of a big wedding.  I left work on Friday with just a few people knowing what was going to happen and I will return on Monday as if nothing has changed.  It is all so weird.

 

On Thursday I took my bridal portraits with the photographer that is coming to Mexico with us... below is the teaser picture he sent me Thursday night:

courtney-103.jpg

 

 

 

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

 

Thanks ladies - I think it is a Southern thing to do bridal portraits ahead of the wedding day.  Traditionally you are supposed to go to a pretty park and get a full length shot of you standing with a bouquet.  You would then choose your favorite picture and have it blown up and framed.  The framed pic would be displayed at the reception and then hung on the wall at the bride/groom's house or the parents of the bride's house.  I wanted to have the photo session, and obviously not in a pretty park, but I don't know what I will do with the pictures yet.  Here are a couple more pics...(the first one was photoshopped for colors)

 

courtney-152 paint.jpg

 courtney-168 paint.jpg

 

 

Leigh, your photos are gorgeous!! I can't wait to see what wedding day photos are going to look like!!

 

 

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

 

The wedding felt "weird" to me - not real.  Nothing leading up to that ceremony was traditional in any way so it didn't feel like a wedding.  I went to get my hair and makeup done in the morning then came home and went out to lunch with my fiance/husband (so weird to type that) and his whole family.  So he definitely saw me before the ceremony.  Then we all came back to our house and played cornhole.  I was playing cornhole up to an hour before my ceremony - how could it feel real when you do that?!  We then all drove to the park together and met up with my family, the officiant, and the photographer.  I will say that during the ceremony we read vows to each other and Paul got to the last sentence before he got choked up and had to stop.  It was very sweet.  I am hoping the photographer will post our pictures from the ceremony in the next day or so and I will share a few with all of you.

 

I know the day I wear the big white dress will be the day I feel married.  Until then, we each have a sterling silver band that we are wearing on the ring finger of our right hands.  The real wedding bands will go on the ring finger of the left hand. 

 

 

I can relate. We just had our civil ceremony yesterday. It was nice, short, and sweet. But it was by no means complete with the wonderful dress and all the prep that has gone into the DW. I said he could wear his wedding band for the past two days but no more cuz I don't want it to get dirty or anything for the DW in Mexico. Lol! I just used my engagement ring for the ring exchange. We tried to keep it as low key as possible but my mother-in-law (one of our witnesses) just kept on and on about how important the legal ceremony was (even if we didn't tell them where we were going till the night before). And we haven't told many people, and don't intend to until later. But I know my fiance/husband is chomping at the bit to change his FB relationship status. Lol! He's just gonna have to wait till the DW! Here's a snapshot of us after the civil ceremony: 

 

Photo Oct 10, 9 06 13 PM.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I know I cannot believe its less than 2.5 weeks!!! I am starting to really stress about what I'm going to pack. I have to pack for 2 weeks worth of outfits! I am a retail manager so  this could get very complicated. I always over pack! I am finally at a point with all my wedding details being finalized that this has now become a big concern for me lol. By the time I get home from Mexico, most of you will have had your wedding also, but I will definitely be posting away! : )

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

 

 

Reposting what I think is the latest if anyone else needs to add :

 

 

BDW Name Real Name Departing Wedding Date Location Resort
Alysam4785 Alysa October 30th November 5th Mexico  
kelnces   Kelly October 31st  November 4th  Mexico  
leigh2011 Leigh November 2nd November 5th Mexico Dreams Cancun
JBean Janine November 5th November 10th Mexico  
JoanneIreland Joanne November 6th November 17th Mexico Barcelo Maya Palace
Carrieb258 Carrie November 6th November 10th Mexico  
Pucca Eun-sil November 6th November 11th Mexico Coral Baja, Los Cabos
Danitha Danielle November 7th November 11th Mexico Playacar Palace
82turtles Sarah November 8th November 12th Mexico    
sxcT Taryn November 15th November 18th Mexico Aventura Palace
SarahBen2011 Sarah November 15th November 18th Mexico Dreams PV

 

Alysa you leave in 2.5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pity my poor husband to be, as I think when we return home I will be tossing him aside so I can log in here to check all your updates from your weddings, LOL! I seriously can't wait to hear from all of you after the wedding as well!

I'm already looking forward to writing my planning thread, how sad am I?? :-)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Joanne! :)
 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

Eun-sil, you guys make such a sweet couple! Congrats on the wedding.

We are just having both sets of parents at ours too, no one else and not telling anyone about it.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We couldn't even tell our parents about it - we brought it up and they freaked (well, my mom freaked) that we would even think to get married ahead of time. So we're having my MOH and another friend who can't make it to the DW. 
 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

Eun-sil, you guys make such a sweet couple! Congrats on the wedding.

We are just having both sets of parents at ours too, no one else and not telling anyone about it.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pucca - cute picture.  Congrats!!  Mine is next week with our parents - which means my mom and dad and stepmom all in one room.  I am so scared!!  LOL

 

So the dress fitting went very well.  Just need hem, bustle and cups which still ended up costing me so much.  What a shock!!

 

These were taken on my phone.  My dress is so beautiful and I am so happy with it.  It just flows when I walk!!

 

IMAG0294-rs.jpg

 

IMAG0296-rs.jpg

 

IMAG0299-rs.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Gorgeous Taryn, absolutely gorgeous!

It fits you perfectly!! I love the back.

Congrats!
 

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Pucca - cute picture.  Congrats!!  Mine is next week with our parents - which means my mom and dad and stepmom all in one room.  I am so scared!!  LOL

 

So the dress fitting went very well.  Just need hem, bustle and cups which still ended up costing me so much.  What a shock!!

 

These were taken on my phone.  My dress is so beautiful and I am so happy with it.  It just flows when I walk!!

 

IMAG0294-rs.jpg

 

IMAG0296-rs.jpg

 

IMAG0299-rs.jpg

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×