The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#2001 melissa80

melissa80
  • Site Supporter
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the responses!! Do any past brides or current have a wedding program that they made that I can see. Trying to figure out the order of things for the ceremony?

#2002 FutureMrsBrew

FutureMrsBrew
    • 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hey Everyone! My fiance and I have been debating between Now Jade and another resort, we are just beginning our search and this site seems to have some really good information. We are planning on having between 10-15 people at our wedding. Does anybody have suggestions for flowers or photos outside of the resort. Also do you know if they do live video feed, my fiance and I would love for our families and friends who are unable to come to be able to watch.

Thanks!!

Sarah

#2003 kitkat863

kitkat863
      • 243 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

I would also like to see some programs people have had. Thanks in advance!!! :)

Originally Posted by melissa80 

Thanks for the responses!! Do any past brides or current have a wedding program that they made that I can see. Trying to figure out the order of things for the ceremony?

#2004 melissa80

melissa80
        • Site Supporter
        • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

I tried to get Angel from the salon/spa to do my hair and make up, but he isnt working that day. Does anyone else have any recommendations?

#2005 jacqjade

jacqjade
          • 36 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

I"m getting married next weekend and apparently it gets almost pitch black at 5pm (hate daylight savings!)!! So I opted to have my ceremony at 3..then do picturs afterwards until 5pm... Then I chose to do my cocktail at 6 and dinner at 7. I know there's a gap in between the ceremony, but i had to make sure to have enough sun time after our ceremony..so i'm assuming ppl will just hang out around the bar..or take a break in their rooms?!?!

Originally Posted by kitkat863 

I would also like to see some programs people have had. Thanks in advance!!! :)

#2006 jacqjade

jacqjade
            • 36 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Does anyone have an idea on who should typically get a tip after the wedding? WC, DJ...do photographers and videographers normally get tipped as well?? Is there anyone else? I noticed they already have a service charge for the food and beverages.

#2007 FutureMrsBrew

FutureMrsBrew
              • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

I have heard that people usually tip the WC but as far as the DJ, photographer, and videographer go I don't think that is as necessary as you are already paying them to be there. Unless of course they provide a spectacular service then I may throw so money there way. That's just my opinion though, I'm not sure of the proper etiquette.

#2008 jacqjade

jacqjade
                • 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for your input! That's what I was actually thinking too...but I didn't want to seem rude or super cheap!!

Originally Posted by FutureMrsBrew 

I have heard that people usually tip the WC but as far as the DJ, photographer, and videographer go I don't think that is as necessary as you are already paying them to be there. Unless of course they provide a spectacular service then I may throw so money there way. That's just my opinion though, I'm not sure of the proper etiquette.

#2009 kitkat863

kitkat863
                  • 243 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:35 AM

So glad that you asked this!! Also, have you printed programs for the guests with your timeline? Have fun at your wedding!! It is sooooo close :)

Originally Posted by jacqjade 

Does anyone have an idea on who should typically get a tip after the wedding? WC, DJ...do photographers and videographers normally get tipped as well?? Is there anyone else? I noticed they already have a service charge for the food and beverages.

#2010 kthun

kthun
                    • 74 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hi fellow brides!  I'm getting April 6th, but I'm hoping to find another bride getting married April 4th, 7th, or 8th who still needs a photographer.  I'm planning on bringing Sara Gray but she said that if I can find another wedding for her to shoot while she's in Mexico then she'll give us both a great deal.  (less than the local vendors!)  PM me if you want more details!  http://www.saragrayphotography.com/ She's been featured on some of my favorite blogs...style me pretty, wedding chicks, grey likes weddings, etc. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users