Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the responses!! Do any past brides or current have a wedding program that they made that I can see. Trying to figure out the order of things for the ceremony?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everyone! My fiance and I have been debating between Now Jade and another resort, we are just beginning our search and this site seems to have some really good information. We are planning on having between 10-15 people at our wedding. Does anybody have suggestions for flowers or photos outside of the resort. Also do you know if they do live video feed, my fiance and I would love for our families and friends who are unable to come to be able to watch.

 

Thanks!!

Sarah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I would also like to see some programs people have had. Thanks in advance!!! :)

Originally Posted by melissa80 View Post

Thanks for the responses!! Do any past brides or current have a wedding program that they made that I can see. Trying to figure out the order of things for the ceremony?

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I"m getting married next weekend and apparently it gets almost pitch black at 5pm (hate daylight savings!)!! So I opted to have my ceremony at 3..then do picturs afterwards until 5pm... Then I chose to do my cocktail at 6 and dinner at 7. I know there's a gap in between the ceremony, but i had to make sure to have enough sun time after our ceremony..so i'm assuming ppl will just hang out around the bar..or take a break in their rooms?!?!

 

Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post



I would also like to see some programs people have had. Thanks in advance!!! :)



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have an idea on who should typically get a tip after the wedding? WC, DJ...do photographers and videographers normally get tipped as well?? Is there anyone else? I noticed they already have a service charge for the food and beverages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard that people usually tip the WC but as far as the DJ, photographer, and videographer go I don't think that is as necessary as you are already paying them to be there. Unless of course they provide a spectacular service then I may throw so money there way. That's just my opinion though, I'm not sure of the proper etiquette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your input! That's what I was actually thinking too...but I didn't want to seem rude or super cheap!!
 

Originally Posted by FutureMrsBrew View Post

I have heard that people usually tip the WC but as far as the DJ, photographer, and videographer go I don't think that is as necessary as you are already paying them to be there. Unless of course they provide a spectacular service then I may throw so money there way. That's just my opinion though, I'm not sure of the proper etiquette.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



So glad that you asked this!! Also, have you printed programs for the guests with your timeline? Have fun at your wedding!! It is sooooo close :)

Originally Posted by jacqjade View Post

Does anyone have an idea on who should typically get a tip after the wedding? WC, DJ...do photographers and videographers normally get tipped as well?? Is there anyone else? I noticed they already have a service charge for the food and beverages.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi fellow brides!  I'm getting April 6th, but I'm hoping to find another bride getting married April 4th, 7th, or 8th who still needs a photographer.  I'm planning on bringing Sara Gray but she said that if I can find another wedding for her to shoot while she's in Mexico then she'll give us both a great deal.  (less than the local vendors!)  PM me if you want more details!  http://www.saragrayphotography.com/ She's been featured on some of my favorite blogs...style me pretty, wedding chicks, grey likes weddings, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×