Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
A question for all of you -- I need to decide whether or not to send out save the dates yet.

The problem is that our resort is still showing rack rates. If they don't go down, I will consider moving the date and/or the resort.

Our STDs are very thorough information booklets with info describing the resort, our TA's info, etc.

So I'm left with the decision of getting them out now to get the word out, and possibly having to redact it and send an edited version if our date/venue changes. Or waiting a bit longer to send them out. Our TA at Beach Bum Vacation is working diligently to get us answers asap and "can't see" the rates not coming down soon.

What to do?!?

PS: Pretty much everyone who will actually come knows our date already so getting time off work, etc shouldn't be an issue if we wait a bit.
We sent out out STD/invites (I did message in the bottle) I sent those in January with our original wedding date of 1/11/11. Now we have moved the wedding up to 12/2/10. I'm not going through all of that sending an edited version. I just sent a lengthy email to everyone with the change...and prices and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the advice, ladies! My situation is a little different in that we r not having an AHR so we are inviting all 250--yes, 250!--guests to Mexico. Talked it over with all our parents & decided these were the people they'd want to invite to our shower and in my opinion you cannot invite someone to your shower and not the actual wedding.

 

We know for a fact that probably only 50-75 will come but no one can say they weren't invited:)

 

so we r going to hold off just a bit longer bc changing the date even by email for all those people would be a circus! Good news is Funjet is doing a 25% off early booking special at our resort so prices are starting to come down! Check out their site & see if your resorts are included in thiswink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
Thanks for all the advice, ladies! My situation is a little different in that we r not having an AHR so we are inviting all 250--yes, 250!--guests to Mexico. Talked it over with all our parents & decided these were the people they'd want to invite to our shower and in my opinion you cannot invite someone to your shower and not the actual wedding.

We know for a fact that probably only 50-75 will come but no one can say they weren't invited:)

so we r going to hold off just a bit longer bc changing the date even by email for all those people would be a circus! Good news is Funjet is doing a 25% off early booking special at our resort so prices are starting to come down! Check out their site & see if your resorts are included in thiswink.gif
250!! Did i read that right - lol! U will have to keep us informed as to how many confirm. I only have 18 coming but then i suppose we are travelling from England; if i was getting married in Spain or Greeece where a lot of European DW take place im sure we would have many more friends and family coming. Good news on the early bird discount - we dont have anything like that here :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
250!! Did i read that right - lol! U will have to keep us informed as to how many confirm. I only have 18 coming but then i suppose we are travelling from England; if i was getting married in Spain or Greeece where a lot of European DW take place im sure we would have many more friends and family coming. Good news on the early bird discount - we dont have anything like that here :-(
I know . . . it's crazy. Watch we get 150 in Mexico -- hahaha Yikes! It's honestly more so just going through the motions since we're not doing an AHR. I will keep you posted on how many are RSVP-ing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieP View Post
Hi ladies,

is it ok if I hop on your jan 2011 thread here even tho I am getting married in cancun?

jodie.xx
Of course - the more the merrier - and another UKbride whoop whoop - we r few and far between on the forum. How r yr plans going? x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering if you guys can help me with this:

I have a question about when the deposit is due on the resort. From what I understand, once you're happy with the price that the TA has quoted then you have a limited time frame (about a week) to put a deposit down. What are you guys doing about this? Are you putting down the deposit yourselves and estimating how many rooms you'll need? OR Are you calling/emailing your guests and telling them they have to put a deposit down if they want to go? My TA did say that if you need more rooms than the number you put the deposit down for then you can get them, but the rates aren't guaranteed for them, meaning they may increase. My FI and I don't feel comfortable putting down a deposit on a certain number of rooms based on the people that say they will be coming, because they may change their minds and decide not to come. I just don't want to lose that money. Just wanted to know what everyone else is doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi debbmach,

 

Im not sure how it works in canada but we booked with 'first choice' here in the uk, which i believe run a sister company called 'signature' across the pond. Between us getting engaged and deciding the dw location we had asked everyone who would be going and that the prices wouldn't be out for a few months and explained what the deposit process was... so when the prices came out they had plenty of notice, and most could afford the deposit. there was a few which couldn't beacause it fell right before christmas. so we payed who we could's deposit and they paid us back come the ime when the 2nd instalment of the deposit was due... geez i hope that makes sense? lol

 

However i think it may have been easier for us because 'first choice' are owned by 'tui' who own the rui group now?? so was a small deposit due in two installments 2 months apart and then whatever u wish up until final payment in due 12 weeks before departure?

 

Personally looking back I wouldn't have been comfortable paying too many people deposits and holding rooms because people do want to back out sometimes for various reasons.....only thing I done was to agree with the TA that anyone who decided to book later would be eligible for the group discount and they would try the best to have the rooms together, but i did warn those who never booked up with us that the prices would change, that was out with mine or the TA's control....wow I have rambled!

 

hope this helps?

 

Jodie.xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies, Thank you for letting me hang out on your thread! Yup another uk bride here!

 

So we have booked... 14 + bride & groom.... with 10 still to book and 6 maybes!

 

We skipped STD's because of the amount of notice everyone got and the length of time from booking.

 

We're choosing invites now and i'm making our welcome books and looking into OOT bags.

 

I have my dress, still to be altered but hey I HAVE MY DRESS!! :) :) :)

FI, BM, my dad and brother will be in tradition scottish kilts. :)

 

Still to choose the MOH my BM dresses...MOH is in spain the other is 150 miles away from me so proving hard....lol and one's 26 the other is 14! sheesh trying to get them to agree is hilarious so far!! :P so thats a wee update on me..

 

Looking so forward to being a part of this thread whilst we all plan and stress together!

 

jodie.xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×