Honeymoon BLUES :-(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kwaits

• 98 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

So I just found out the other day that my fiance's family plans to stay the whole week in Key West which is where we are getting married and plan to stay for our honeymoon. This wouldn't be a problem since we could stay somewhere else, but Key West isnt' that big and his parents are using their timeshares for family (and us) to stay in. What should I do?

#2 JT3

• 443 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Can you book a different resort for your honeymoon? That way at least u in a different area.

#3 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

I know this has happened to several other brides on the forum... some of them switched resorts, but for those newlyweds that didn't, a lot of them had a blast spending that extra time with their family. Especially since all of the wedding stress and anticipation is gone, you can finally relax with them! :)

Also, given that it's his parent's timeshare that you're using, I think it's kind of tough to do anything about it unless you choose to switch resorts!
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 AlexsBride

• 401 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:29 AM

Switch resorts. The wedding week is about all of you, your family, friends that came to join you in the wedding festivities. The honeymoon is you and your husband. Personally I would leave the timeshare and go book into some great resort for the week.
          Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#5 ChicagoPT

• 307 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

We are switching resorts since my FI's mom is super clingy and would want to be with us 24/7. Are you able to take more time off I would stay with the family and then go on the honeymoon if you can!

#6 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

i would definately switch resorts, or even keys if you can!! the honeymoon is all about you and your new hubby!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users