Luggage checked arriving in Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 foxytv

• VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:31 PM

All of our luggage was checked upon our arrival into Punta Cana by Customs.

We had 4 HUGE suitcases as well as an Army Toughbox that we paid extra to bring along - it had all of our wedding decor, OOT bags, etc in it.

We told them that it was for our wedding and we had no issues whatsoever.

#12 Crystal&Matt2010

• 121 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

I have been worried about this also. Did anyone have problems traveling with their sand kit? I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet, but between the sand and the glass vases, it seems like a recipe for disaster. Also, I bought some dried rose petals for my flower girl and then realized I may not be able to bring them with me... Did anyone bring dried flower petals and have them taken?

Thanks ladies!

#13 khomac

• 380 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

You can bring sand as long as there is no soil in it. If you're buying it, pretty sure there's no soil.

Crystal, the majestic provides the flower petals for the flower girl (or they did for mine. The sprinkled a few in the Gazebo as well, and if you ask, they can do the tables for dinner if need be.
        Kelly & Pablo

Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#14 niecimar

• 83 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

I'm travelinmg with freeze dried rose petals as well. I'm also scared they will take them away when I arrive in Punta Cana or maybe when I depart from NYC. Although I think there biggest concern is when it comes to plants and flowers. I hope dried rose petals don't fall into that category. Has anyone traveled with rose petals?
          Denise & Ziggy
          June 5, 2010

#15 KJ Shea

KJ Shea
          • 110 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:56 AM

Ha. Everytime I buy something for my OOT bags my FI is freaking out about how we are going to get it there. He is soo worried about it because we have a large number of guests and lots of stuff. (I think he is afraid he might have to leave his golf clubs home) haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users