Sign in to follow this  
CanadaDiva

centerpieces?

The resort is charging a crazy price for the centerpieces, so I was wondering if anyone made their own? Also, is there a flower market around (we are staying at the Melia Caribe Tropical) Punta Cana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaDiva View Post
The resort is charging a crazy price for the centerpieces, so I was wondering if anyone made their own? Also, is there a flower market around (we are staying at the Melia Caribe Tropical) Punta Cana?
Im staying at PPC and the prices for centerpieces are crazy as well. They are charging me for 3 cylindesr with floating candles $65 plus tax when in NY the most it will cost me is $25.

I know it sounds ridiculous but im going to try and travel with them. Each family member will bring down a set. As well as votives.

I am getting married at Beaches Negril in Jamaica and yes they are way over charging. Does anyone have any creative ideas that aren't too heavy to put in our luggage (since we are also traveling with the OOT bags)?? I am a real DIYer so if I have to put stuff together down there that is fine.

I'm beginning to feel that the cost of bringing all the extra bags on the plane isn't worth it and I may just paying the over inflated prices of the centerpieces at the resort. I guess it since we're having such a small wedding there's only really 3 centerpieces to be purchased.

I talked to my WC about renting vases from the florist decorated with ribbon. I will have my bridal bouquets put in these vases on the reception tables. I plan to bring small lanterns, sea shells, sea stars, and glass rocks to put around the vase. This way I don't have to bring anything very breakable and don't have too much to bring. See the attached examples

cp.jpg