April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#5791 Lua

Lua
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Laura, that's great news. I have most of my stuff put aside, but I have a feeling it will be a tough process getting FI packed.

With the upbeat song, how are you working the aisle? I think it's cute.

tip for you ladies when packing clothes --- lay everything FLAT and pack like that. you'll be amazed how much you can fit in! ;)

I talked to my dad and we're just going to improvise coming down the aisle. Perhaps a little disco dancing along the way!!  We're just going to have fun with it.  FI and I figure it will be good to have everyone laughing and enjoying the moment rather than getting all emotional and crying while sitting in 30+deg temps! :)

#5792 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

Laura, I hope you'll have a video that we can all watch.

#5793 Lua

Lua
      • 1,231 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

Not to worry Sheri!  my cousin is being given the job of taking a video of the whole thing :)

#5794 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
        • 1,541 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

I can't wait to see it!  I'm not sure which song it is because I can't access YouTube here at work, but I'll definitely check when I get home!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#5795 hutchets

hutchets
          • 195 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

Laura,

How long did you make the song you are walking down the isle to?  I'm still stuck on how much to shorten the songs for each part of the ceremony.

Did you put your songs on separate CDs or just make a note of 1 is for seating, 2 is for walking down isle etc...

I have to finish this part since I leave in one week and it's making me really nervous!

Theresa
            Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#5796 hutchets

hutchets
            • 195 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Love the song!  I'm thinking about Marvin Gaye's Aint No Mountain High Enough for the signing of the documents.  I love 70s dance music.

Originally Posted by Lua 

tip for you ladies when packing clothes --- lay everything FLAT and pack like that. you'll be amazed how much you can fit in! ;)

I talked to my dad and we're just going to improvise coming down the aisle. Perhaps a little disco dancing along the way!!  We're just going to have fun with it.  FI and I figure it will be good to have everyone laughing and enjoying the moment rather than getting all emotional and crying while sitting in 30+deg temps! :)

Theresa

#5797 hutchets

hutchets
              • 195 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

Question for those who have been married before or have kids already....

Who are you having walk you down the isle?  I would feel weird having my father do it a second time so I was thinking about having my 12 year old son do it or walk by myself.  My son is wanting to dance and moonwalk down the isle though and I told him he can do whatever he wants.

Theresa

#5798 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                • 1,541 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hutches, I don't have this issue, but I love the idea of having your son walk you down!  I think that would be super sweet!  I'm having a hard time deciding on if I want to walk down with my father or if I want to go down by myself.  A big part of me wants to go down by myself, but another part of me feels bad....  I just don't have the greatest relationship with my father....

Married the love of my life in April!!

#5799 hutchets

hutchets
                  • 195 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

That would be a hard decision.  Have you spoken with your father or mother at all to discuss it?  I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation either.  You just have to feel good about the decision you make and not have any regrets.

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 

Hutches, I don't have this issue, but I love the idea of having your son walk you down!  I think that would be super sweet!  I'm having a hard time deciding on if I want to walk down with my father or if I want to go down by myself.  A big part of me wants to go down by myself, but another part of me feels bad....  I just don't have the greatest relationship with my father....

Theresa

#5800 Meggers7484

Meggers7484
                    • 315 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

Mocha have you considered doing both? You can have your dad walk you down to the halfway point and either walk the lad half by yourself or have FI come down to meet you. I saw it done oncevand it seemed really symbolic of yes, they helped me to a certain point, but I got to where I am now on my own. For myself my dad is MIA so I'm having both my mom and my brother walk me down the aisle. I'd love to do the halfway thing, but I think I've broken enough tradition for one walk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users