Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#471 Lua

Lua
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:30 AM

thanks ladies! i'm really excited! going shopping tonight in hopes of finding a cute new top along with some hair dye going to colour my hair tonight too that way it will look rich and super shiney for sunday. :)

Lisa my mom was just talking to my SIL and she recommends we check out China Town in TO for real-touch flowers.  We might take a look when we're downtown next weekend.

#472 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:45 AM

Lua and Lisa - Those are beautiful flowers. Try checking afloral.com, I was going to use save-on-crafts but afloral was cheaper and they definitely ship to Canada, it's just more expensive.

These are the ones I'm going to use:

yellow calla.giforange calla.pngorchid.png

I've heard of people having things shipped to Buffalo and picking them up at Mail Boxes Etc. I think. Maybe look into that.

#473 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

Hi Lua

I was there twice looking at a bunch of things including parasols, fans, flowers and centerpiece items. I didn't really see a good selection of flowers but then again it's a large area and maybe I didn't hit the right stores. I went on spadina and kessington market. If you see anything over the weekend I would love it if you could take pics and let me know prices before I decide to buy anything online.

thanks 

Originally Posted by Lua 

thanks ladies! i'm really excited! going shopping tonight in hopes of finding a cute new top along with some hair dye going to colour my hair tonight too that way it will look rich and super shiney for sunday. :)

Lisa my mom was just talking to my SIL and she recommends we check out China Town in TO for real-touch flowers.  We might take a look when we're downtown next weekend.

#474 lisadias

lisadias
        • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

Love the flowers Mocha! I will check that out, thanks!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Lua and Lisa - Those are beautiful flowers. Try checking afloral.com, I was going to use save-on-crafts but afloral was cheaper and they definitely ship to Canada, it's just more expensive.

These are the ones I'm going to use:

yellow calla.giforange calla.pngorchid.png

I've heard of people having things shipped to Buffalo and picking them up at Mail Boxes Etc. I think. Maybe look into that.

#475 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:15 AM

Okay... just placed my order with afloral.com and I found a discount code for 10% off the order: FLOWER So that's one more off the list!

#476 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
            • 1,541 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

Lua, I think those flowers would look great together!!!  Good luck on your engagement pictures!!!  We were suppose to do ours tomorrow, but it looks like the weather is not going to be good....  So, I think we'll end up going with our back-up... Sunday!  I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#477 Teira1031

Teira1031
              • 766 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Afloral.com is a great site with awesome prices! Thanks for the tip Mocha!

#478 Brandy

Brandy
                • 2,628 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

Teira, did you get your invites finished yet?

#479 Lua

Lua
                  • 1,231 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

mocha - thanks for the tip on afloral.com! i'll check it out for sure :)

lisa - i'll be sure to bring my camera :) we're going next saturday

#480 Teira1031

Teira1031
                    • 766 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

Brandy- i havent finished them yet , I have all the pages for the passport cut out I just need to put all the booklets together, I'm actually hoping on doing it tonight. I've been seriously slacking but it's time to get my butt in gear so I can get them out in a couple weeks! How's your planning going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users