Sign in to follow this  
Tennyt1

April 2011 Brides

I thought of doing a criss cross layer of blue as well .. i'll just have to play around with it. FI says it looks like a blue candy cane right now lol!!! and yes, the orchids came with the blue rhinestones on them. I'm hoping they'll add that extra little sparkle when out in the sun near the water.  I'm hoping for a sunny day this weekend so I can get some better pictures that really show the true colours. :)

Oh so I ended up buying some luggage tag loops last night!  I found some turquoise ones (sweet!) but... had to buy a box of 100!

Any one here interested in turquoise luggage tag loops??? Once I finish up my tags, the remainder (approx 72) will be up for sale! :)

Laura - I LOVE your bouquets!  Very nice job on them!!!!  You are making me wonder if I should add some more flowers to the ones I'm going to make (for the MOH and BMs in the wedding).  I only have orange gerbera daisies (six for each bouquet)...Hmm... 

So, I wanted to share with you ladies...  FI absolutely shocked me last night.  We were on our way home (we bowl in a league on Tuesday nights...it's like our "date night"), and he says to me, "You know, our numbers are lopsided right now....  with you brother not going to Mexico.  Do you think I should ask Steve to be in the wedding?"  Now, Steve is a good friend, because he is my MOH's husband.  We hang out with them more than anyone else really...  My only worry is, what if he does, and Steve feels like he's just "filling in"?  I told him I was fine with it, but he needed to figure out if that's what he wanted to do.  He didn't say anything else, so this morning when he emailed me about something else, I brought it up and asked what he was thinking and if he was going to ask Steve!

I guess even though I don't care that we'd be lopsided, FI does!

Erin - thanks!!! as for # of flowers, this is my bouquet but to give you an idea, I included i think 7 of the gerberas (orignally planned for 5, so i'm glad I bought a dozen!), 3 of the amaryllis (each with 3 blooms and 1 bud) and 5 of the orchids (i actually have 1 leftover!)

hehe that's funny how both your FI's thought that!

for portion control, you can also use smaller plates.. That helps sometimes.

Originally Posted by lsmith211 View Post

Hi Hannah!!  My biggest issue is portion control, so I'm trying to cut back...  Supper is my biggest issue, so I put less on my plate and if I feel I want more I make myself wait 20 minutes - by then the urge to eat more usually passes.  I've also upped my workouts a lot.  I work at a college, so I have access to the gym on campus which helps - no more excuses!  I try to run on the treadmill for 30-40 min 4 times a week at lunch, and then when I get home I walk my dog (anywhere from 2-5km depending on both our energy levels).  I'm also aiming to do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred 3 times a week, but on those days I make FI walk the dog!

Brandy....I need your help again..I need a fly coral colored dress that I can just order without having to pay for rush shipping.  My niece just told me she wants to be a bridesmaid but i need the dress in less thank 10 weeks.