Photo

Riu wedding requirments and Docs

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 chicago88

chicago88
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:49 PM

Jerzzygirl - Let me know if Chandlyn ever answers you about the scanned doc's - that would be way easier!

Therese & Jay
    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
    http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#22 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

I think when I send them I will send them registered mail or something so that they have to sign for them and I will KNOW they made it there... this part makes me nervous! If this part goes wrong, NO wedding!
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#23 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
      • 679 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

Please let me know if this worked for you guys. I am so nervous about sending the right paperwork in. I would hate to mess up that part. I am planning to send my paperwork in early, so if anything does go wrong, I have time to fix it. Let me know how it goes when Chandalyn receives your paperwork.
        Brittney & Peter
        July 12, 2008
        Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#24 FutureMrsHarris

FutureMrsHarris
        • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:19 AM

Looks like I am going to have to change my date. Does anyone know if New Year's Eve weddings are done?

#25 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrsHarris
            Looks like I am going to have to change my date. Does anyone know if New Year's Eve weddings are done?
            Why do you have to change your date? What happened?

#26 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
            • 679 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

I am sure they do new year's eve weddings, as long as it doesn't fall on a Sunday.
              Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#27 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMrsHarris
                I just went to the RIU website and tried to pick a time for December 31, but there were none available. If you really want NYE, maybe try to call the RIU Corporate center and check to see if there are any brides that have not confirmed yet for that date.

#28 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
                • 203 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:07 PM

Well she never answered my email about scanning the docs. I just scanned them and waited to hear what she said. Well she said she could NOT open my file that I sent her and to please resend. I sent them in a zip. file. So when I recent them I sent them in a DOC. format but she has not answered that email yet. I sent out the photocopies on friday and they said about 7-10 days. So I am sure if they dont receive them soon they will let me know because we are down to a month away!!!

#29 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
                  • 203 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:54 PM

I finally heard from Chandlyn today!!! She told me that the scanned copies that I emailed her came out very clear and that they are just going to use them to process our marriage licence. She did not say that I was missing anything or needed anything extra so I guess we are good to go. I also asked her what kind of minister is doing the ceremony and she told me his name and that he is Baptist. Do I need to tip him or do you think that the fee's that we are paying are sufficient enough? Maybe just a gift of some kind?

#30 jmhein

jmhein
                    • 665 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:25 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl
                      I finally heard from Chandlyn today!!! She told me that the scanned copies that I emailed her came out very clear and that they are just going to use them to process our marriage licence. She did not say that I was missing anything or needed anything extra so I guess we are good to go. I also asked her what kind of minister is doing the ceremony and she told me his name and that he is Baptist. Do I need to tip him or do you think that the fee's that we are paying are sufficient enough? Maybe just a gift of some kind?
                      I had asked another Riu bride if she had tipped the minister and she said she didn't... I think it is completely optional, they are receiving the fee. So if you are extremely happy with him feel free to tip. A gift would also be a nice gesture but not necessary!
                      Yay that your scanned copies worked!! The days are just going to FLY by until you are MARRIED on the beautiful island of JAMAICA!!!!
                      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users