Photo

ROR Plantation Restaurant table set up/pics??

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 JM2010

JM2010
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

What is the table set up like for the Plantation Restaurant reception? I'm trying to do a seating plan and have heard that the place is L shaped so I don't know how the tables would be set up. We have booked the upper level. Is it done as a huge long table or can there be individual tables set up?

If anyone has pics of the restaurant I'd love to see them!!

Thanks a bunch!! = )

Jenn

#2 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
    • 248 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

Ill try to find it for you but it is L shaped. Its sort of weird because the bride and groom and turned at one angle, then the rest of the people is in a long row. Dont seems great for socializing but it will do.

#3 JM2010

JM2010
      • 64 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

Thanks! I'd appreciate it.

#4 sweetluna

sweetluna
        • 183 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by miznunu2010
          Ill try to find it for you but it is L shaped. Its sort of weird because the bride and groom and turned at one angle, then the rest of the people is in a long row. Dont seems great for socializing but it will do.

Do they use the "L" shape for weddings with less than 12 people? I was thinking it would be nice to sit in the middle on one side of the table. We're going to be a small group.

#5 Marie

Marie
          • 138 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

Unfortunately I dont like the set up either...Im thinking about scrapping put myself and fi at the head of the table in the end of the "T" or "L"....I think we'll just sit right square in the middle and be between all our guests........hopefully anywho...

#6 ames

ames
            • 150 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:50 AM

Is the Plantation restaurant mainly for private receptions? I read that you can have semi-private receptions there if there are too many weddings booked at Mammee Bay. Is this correct? Thanks.

#7 hiccups

hiccups
              • 224 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

ames - I believe that's correct. I read on another thread that if too many weddings are booked at the Mammee Bay restaurant, you will be moved to the Plantation restaurant. The Plantation restaurant can also be booked for private receptions for either 2 or 4 hours.

#8 ames

ames
                • 150 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

thanks hiccups! we are still trying to decide if we want to pay for the private reception or go with the semi-private reception at mammee bay (which seems like the more popular choice). what are you doing for your reception? your wedding is coming up soon. you must be getting excited :)

does anyone have more pictures of plantations? mammee looks nice and it would be nice to see how they compare.

#9 JM2010

JM2010
                  • 64 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

I contacted Chandlyn recently and she said you can also have tables of 8 or 10 set up at the Plantations restaurant. I'm going with that plan instead of the T shaped thing. We've rented the upper level so I'm not sure if things are different for the lower level.

#10 hiccups

hiccups
                    • 224 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

ames - I haven't decided on what we're doing for our reception yet and actually my wedding date isn't until next Feb. 2011 too!!!

I'm also curious to see pics of set up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users