NUESTRA SENORA DEL PILAR REVIEW:
I was so adamant on getting married in the church. I felt like that we definitely wanted God to be part of our marriage from the beginning with the ceremony! That being said, the church was beautiful, especially in pictures. However, we had a share number of hiccups with the ceremony at this church. For example, we did all the paperwork and sent it to Father Lacaille months before the wedding. We were told there will be a priest that spoke English there for our ceremony. Our priest spoke little English and majority couldn't really understand him. We also, planned with Father Lacaille the ceremony timeline and even sent him a program we had premade for the wedding. The priest completely went off his own timeline/agenda and did not follow the program. We planned first reading, second reading and psalm. He botched my brother's speaking psalm and the Communion part! Father Lacaille sends couples a Q&A Word document to help assist with any questions. I asked to have a meeting with him and he couldn't meet with us prior to the wedding. I have my top suggestions for you below:
1. Demand that you meet with Father Lacaille or the priest that will be doing your ceremony PRIOR to your wedding. If he says they are too busy, ask again if there is any way because this would clear up any misunderstandings and there won't be any surprises like we had!
2. Ask the priest to not use the microphone if you are having a small wedding. We had 32 people and the priest used a microphone. Horrible idea! The church is a small antique old church; thus, the microphone added an echo plus a not so fluent English speaker made it very difficult to understand.
3. Please have the fans going prior to the guests arrival. There isn't any air conditioning in the church. It helps with the comfort for you and your guests.
In the end, as an Event Planner and bride you have to accept that something will go wrong on your wedding day. You must enjoy even the mistakes because it is too foolish to dwell because it goes by so fast. Also, whether the fill in priest was last minute or not, it was beautiful! We would've changed some things but in the end we are still very happy we got married at Nuestra Senora Del Pilar.
Hmm... where do I begin? Everyone on this board raved about HDC and Arnaud. Well like the story with Father Lacaille, we assumed Arnaud will be photographing our wedding. Well surprise! On the day of the wedding, he sent a different photographer. Our photographer was very nice and professional. However, I am a fan of Katya's work and love how she captures the ambiance with the food, scenery and little details that make the photographs ART and TIMELESS. We love our photos but here are some suggestions if you do use HDC:
1. Have a meeting with the real photographer that will be doing your wedding.
2. Ask your photographer to capture the little details at your wedding...For example, we were instructed to pose the "Charlies Angels" pose with my husband and bridesmaids. Also, the groomsmen and hubby carrying me...a little cheesy! Instead, I wished we had more shots of the food, scenery of the blue ocean in the background and decor Mayte so beautifully put out.
3. Take guests photos with you and your hubby BUT make sure you get photos with different backgrounds! We have a million pictures of our guests posing with us with palm trees in the background and only a handful with the blue Punta Cana water in the back.
Anyways, we had 398 photos in the end. Arnaud came to our hotel the next day and gave us the CD with pictures. Great turn around nonetheless! Also, all in all the photographer did take about 12 outstanding pictures that I absolutely adore! So yes go with them but just use some of my suggestions to really get your day captured!