Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#1981 ksaeuong

ksaeuong
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

My photographer recommended this stylist that is moving to Punta Cana from New York. Her name is Anna Nuet.  Here is some info: anna.nuet@gmail.com http://annanuet.wix.com/annanuethair

I tried clicking on the link but it seems to not be directing to the correct page. Could you repost her website?

#1982 Bride2014

Bride2014
    • 23 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

@ mady28 Thanks so much! I will contact her immediately!!!

#1983 Bride2014

Bride2014
      • 23 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

My photographer recommended this stylist that is moving to Punta Cana from New York. Her name is Anna Nuet.  Here is some info: anna.nuet@gmail.com http://annanuet.wix.com/annanuethair

#1984 laraandshane

laraandshane
        • 25 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

I hope she answers! I called her multiple times even on her cellphone! The priest sent me an alarming email regarding my wedding date Sunday, September 1,2013 was not scheduled by Mayte. I have all reservations and am in the middle of Pre Cana courses to get married at Nuestra se±ora del pilar and reception at Jellyfish. I am freaking out! Please Mayte reply to my emails!!!

#1985 blueskadoobob

blueskadoobob
          • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by laraandshane 

I hope she answers! I called her multiple times even on her cellphone! The priest sent me an alarming email regarding my wedding date Sunday, September 1,2013 was not scheduled by Mayte. I have all reservations and am in the middle of Pre Cana courses to get married at Nuestra se±ora del pilar and reception at Jellyfish. I am freaking out! Please Mayte reply to my emails!!!

Yikes. I have been successful with having Mayte respond to very short e-mails... As in put your urgent question/concern in the subject line or only have one line in the e-mail. I think for your case, this might work. 

#1986 trixxy say

trixxy say
            • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hello,

we just got married at the Jellyfish on April 10. Everything was breath taking!. The attention to detail is phenomenal. Mayte has everything covered. She is running round setting up for weddings, and conducting bridal meetings all at the same time and this occurs on a  daily basis. Don't worry she has everything covered, even if she doesn't respond she has all your emails.

Your weddings will be amazing, as mine was. It will meet and exceed your every expectation.

Mrs. S

#1987 MissyBee

MissyBee
              • 176 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

We leave 3 weeks from tomorrow! Getting so excited and nervous! Ahhhh

#1988 mairelys

mairelys
                • 117 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Yay, can't wait to hear about it MissyBee! Please come back and tell us about it! Hope you have a fantastic time! 

#1989 blueskadoobob

blueskadoobob
                  • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by JennCarlson 

Hi Ana,
                    Jellyfish was a bit more expensive than the resort (Majestic Colonial). But the resort did 4 weddings per day, and looked all cookie cutter. You will absolutely not be disappointed with JF. It is 100% worth the extra money

It's funny b/c when I originally thought about having a wedding in the DR, I figured it would be whole lot cheaper than doing it pretty much anywhere else. I have been quite surprised to find out that its not. Whether you are going the Jellyfish route or at a hotel, it's clear that the wedding industry is alive and well and at least in Punta Cana, they are charging a pretty penny to couples who want to tie the knot (when evaluating the per person rate). 

That being said, Jellyfish may not be the least expensive option on the island, but after doing a TON of research, I can say it is not the most expensive and I think it provides the most value. Your party won't have a curfew, you get an incredible wedding planner in the price, everything is customizable, and its MUCH more private than a resort wedding. When I recently went to check out venues in Punta Cana, there happened to be a wedding going on at one of the resorts my fiance and I were evaluating. The wedding was pretty small, probably 40 people in cocktail attire, they looked great! The only thing is they had about 200 people of all shapes, ages, and sizes in bikinis standing around and staring at them. Watching from the outside it looked soo awkward, and I kept thinking about the pictures! How do you avoid the other hotel guests in your portraits?

We also happened to have been at Jellyfish during a wedding and due to the layout of the restaurant, it was a much more private and personal experience, which I imagine is desirable for most brides.

#1990 AshTooner

AshTooner
                    • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Some shots of our beautiful wedding decor.  Mayte really outdid herself yet again...

Photos by Katya Nova Photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users