Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#1691 sdj327

sdj327
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Yes we are debating about drinks also. We have 70 people so not sure if we should do open bar or a la carte? It would be nice to see how much drinks cost individually.

#1692 sdj327

sdj327
    • 171 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Can anybody with around 70 guests share what they spent for alcohol and appetizers?

#1693 IronMona

IronMona
      • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Ladies! So glad to find this forum and we are very excited about potentially having our ceremony and reception at the Jellyfish. I'm looking for some big picture numbers and I am curious - what was your total tab for how many people? (Am I allowed to ask such a thing?) Just trying to get an idea of the total investment at the end of the day. The various resorts I have reached out to have such a range. Where does JF fit in?

#1694 sdj327

sdj327
        • 171 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by IronMona 

Ladies! So glad to find this forum and we are very excited about potentially having our ceremony and reception at the Jellyfish. I'm looking for some big picture numbers and I am curious - what was your total tab for how many people? (Am I allowed to ask such a thing?) Just trying to get an idea of the total investment at the end of the day. The various resorts I have reached out to have such a range. Where does JF fit in?

what's your email? i can send you a price list

#1695 Smithk79

Smithk79
          • 149 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

For us, Jellyfish was quite a bit cheaper than having it at the Majestic Elegance...and just as important they were a lot.more flexible with everything overall and only have 1 wedding a day there. Loved it!

#1696 CFK2013

CFK2013
            • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hi Sdj327 - i will be having 60 guests are our wedding and we are doing open bar. I do not have the exact pricing, but Mayte broke out the "open bar" with Welcome Drinks, cocktail hour, dinner and then the dancing portion so that it was more reasonable. After my wedding in 3 weeks I can post a review with what we settled on and how it worked out for our group of 60!

#1697 sdj327

sdj327
              • 171 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by CFK2013 

Hi Sdj327 - i will be having 60 guests are our wedding and we are doing open bar. I do not have the exact pricing, but Mayte broke out the "open bar" with Welcome Drinks, cocktail hour, dinner and then the dancing portion so that it was more reasonable. After my wedding in 3 weeks I can post a review with what we settled on and how it worked out for our group of 60!

thank you that would be very helpful!

#1698 MissyBee

MissyBee
                • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Are you going to run a tab during cocktail hour and dinner so that if someone orders a mixed drink not included on the cocktail hour open bar menu or the dinner open bar menu, they will still be able to order it? Or will guests be told that those drinks are not available? That was my only concern with doing it that way....

#1699 sdj327

sdj327
                  • 171 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

if that is what we have to do then yes. i def don't want to tell my guests they can only have certain drinks at certain times. we do have a lot of drinkers though 

#1700 MissyBee

MissyBee
                    • 176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

same here! which menu are you going with? how many hors d'oevres are you doing for cocktail hr?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users