Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#1141 LindsayOO

LindsayOO
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

for you ladies who stayed at Dreams Palm Beach..was the nightlife ok? We have some single people and partiers coming and want to make sure its ok for them too...

#1142 Smithk79

Smithk79
    • 149 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hey Lindsay! I have not stayed at Dreams PB but Dreams in Puerta Vallarta amd they have many of the same restaurants and bars so i think it would be similar. Dreams PV had some night life, was there with another wedding and majority of people were couples or larger groups and was a lot of fun but ended around midnight.

#1143 Smithk79

Smithk79
      • 149 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hello everyone! I just started looking at Jellyfish, anyone know how many weddings they have per day? Or prices? Also, if u dont want to rent out the whole restaurant, what areas are available? Thanks so much!

#1144 AquaCait

AquaCait
        • 209 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hello everyone! I just started looking at Jellyfish, anyone know how many weddings they have per day? Or prices? Also, if u dont want to rent out the whole restaurant, what areas are available? Thanks so much!

Mayte only does 1 wedding a day, and if you don't rent the whole restaurant, then you get the downstairs and everyone else eats upstairs (the stairs are outside the restaurant...) You can actually download the wedding brochure off of the Jellyfish website. I would recommend emailing Mayte now, it can take a while to hear back from her, but she's awesome. I honestly think she's one of the nicest people I've ever met. Good luck!!

#1145 missKLR

missKLR
          • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

Can someone please tell me the easiest/most cost efficient way to send the deposit? Mayte sent me the banking info but I'm wondering if I should  wire the money or if there is a better way....

#1146 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
            • 177 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hey MrsKLR. We just did a bank-to-bank transfer, since the Jellyfish bank is American-based. 

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#1147 Smithk79

Smithk79
              • 149 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

I have been in contact with jellyfish, she has been very responsive and helpful! Does anyone know whether using the beach for the reception (not renting out the entire restaurant ) is at an addition cost? And how did you reserve your date? Last question...are there taxi's available to take the bridal party ahead of the bus transportation? Thanka so much!

#1148 AquaCait

AquaCait
                • 209 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

MissKLR - we did a wire transfer, Mayte will send you the bank info that you need

Smithk79 - Not sure about the beach cost, but for reserving our date, we (obviously) had to get mayte to confirm that it was available, and then send our deposit (10%) down to hold it for us.  She will hold until your deposit is in.  Mayte can arrange to have taxis pick you and your FI and bridal party up, and then the bus for everyone else (she had offered this to us, but we opted to go with everyone else...)

#1149 venus909

venus909
                  • 328 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

Question for past brides...  Did anyone wire a portion of the money for the final bill to Mayte before traveling?

We wired our deposit, but I was considering wiring a portion of the money due so we don't have to travel with so much cash.  Do you think that would be a good idea or not?

#1150 cnd29

cnd29
                    • 132 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

I'd like to know the answer to that as well!  We leave Tuesday!!

Originally Posted by venus909 

Question for past brides...  Did anyone wire a portion of the money for the final bill to Mayte before traveling?

We wired our deposit, but I was considering wiring a portion of the money due so we don't have to travel with so much cash.  Do you think that would be a good idea or not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users