65 replies to this topic

#41 Tifany

Tifany
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by knitgirl13
    What diet are you following?
    I swore I posted this just a bit ago, but perhaps forgot to hit submit.

Anyway, I'm doing a 30-day vegan cleanse. The premise is to flush your body of toxins. I'm to stay away from 5 things: animal products (meat/dairy/eggs/fish/etc.), alcohol, caffeine, sugar (including tropical/citrus fruits), and gluten. I have found that I must have had an intolerance to gluten because all the stomach issues that plagued me before have since went away. I'll probably continue to stick to this plan to some extent afterward, with the very occasional slab of meat. :)

#42 saza175

saza175
    • 84 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tifany
      I swore I posted this just a bit ago, but perhaps forgot to hit submit.

Anyway, I'm doing a 30-day vegan cleanse. The premise is to flush your body of toxins. I'm to stay away from 5 things: animal products (meat/dairy/eggs/fish/etc.), alcohol, caffeine, sugar (including tropical/citrus fruits), and gluten. I have found that I must have had an intolerance to gluten because all the stomach issues that plagued me before have since went away. I'll probably continue to stick to this plan to some extent afterward, with the very occasional slab of meat. :)
      Tifany--Can you give me an example of a typical day? Is it basically fruits, veggies, pasta? LOL I Think I would go INSANEEE LOL Good for you I give you credit!!!

#43 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
      • 276 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

that sounds like a great (but difficult) plan! i have about 12 vegan cookbooks at home that aren't being put to good use because most of the recipes incorporate soy which my FI can't tolerate but maybe i could do vegan lunches at work and cut out the rest of the junk. except caffeine, i would cry :)

#44 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
        • 3,103 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by saza175
          kitten--yes 1 pound is 1 pound... but muscle is more dense (so it takes up less space) and I completely 100% agree with you about the scale thing. I don't even own a scale, I will weigh myself randomly if I go over someone's house and they have a scale in their bathroom lol...I take my measurements at least once a week. Thats where the real results are!!! I have a muscular body so I weigh more than I look. I concentrate on my measurements and body fat percentage. The scale definately can fluctuate...I lost 6 pounds over night one time... I weighed myself one night before working out and i burned about 600 calories during my workout-i went home to bed-didn't eat anything- then i woke up in the morning-didn't eat anything again, worked out again-burned another 600- and then weighed myself...6 lbs lost.... all water weight lol
          Well yes of course, muscle is far more dense than fat but it's funny because I used that excuse for a long time to justify weight gain (when I'm sure it was some muscle) just found it easier to measure like you mentioned.

Wow! 6lbs overnight?! How did you workout, no eat, sleep then workout again? I would have died of starvation!

#45 saza175

saza175
          • 84 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

lol I worked out at night, went to bed, then woke up and worked out ..... theennn i ate, and most likeely the 6 lbs came right back lol

#46 Tifany

Tifany
            • 248 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by knitgirl13
              that sounds like a great (but difficult) plan! i have about 12 vegan cookbooks at home that aren't being put to good use because most of the recipes incorporate soy which my FI can't tolerate but maybe i could do vegan lunches at work and cut out the rest of the junk. except caffeine, i would cry :)
              That's interesting about the soy. I've learned on the cleanse that soy is much harder to digest and it is recommended not to have it, unless it's tempeh (a fermented soy cake). I have a lot of issues when it comes to digesting things correctly. I've been eating nuts as snacks and raw is better than roasted, but it seems neither really agree well with me. It's a learning experience!

#47 Tifany

Tifany
              • 248 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by saza175
                Tifany--Can you give me an example of a typical day? Is it basically fruits, veggies, pasta? LOL I Think I would go INSANEEE LOL Good for you I give you credit!!!
                Sure, here's an example of what I might have in a day:

Breakfast - granny smith apple and cashews or leftovers
                Snacks - raw cashews, hummus & veggies
                Lunch - cauliflower-carrot soup, kale salad
                Dinner - stir fry, quinoa tabbouleh

I've been cooking a lot. I think that's the biggest improvement of all!

#48 *Krista*

*Krista*
                • 819 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

Hey ladies! Well I did the fit test on Monday and wow!! can I ever feel it! I felt it in my back/core/abs, and I'm super pumped to do an actual workout! I can see why they get such good results with this program! It's awesome! :)
                  July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#49 autjo

autjo
                  • 2,182 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

Krista ~ I was soo surprised at how hard the fit test was! The first time I did one I wanted to punch myself. LOL.

#50 *Krista*

*Krista*
                    • 819 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

LOL! I definitely questioned my own sanity when I did it!!
                      July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users