• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

Jaime, you (and my bro) are putting second thoughts in my head! I just emailed Tammy for rates on some other hotels in the area.

This is so difficult! Ugh!

So are you going with the Mayan or are you planning to make your final decision during your site visit?

#22 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

Amy, I definitely want to meet with the WC and see the Mayan before we put a deposit down. So I'm really looking forward to this upcoming trip! Btw, is there a backup there if it rains?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#23 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

lol... tents! I asked Marco, and he said that we'll need to monitor the weather since their are chances of rain in July, so we would need to rent tents. I really hope we dont, more $$$$!

#24 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by amyh
          lol... tents! I asked Marco, and he said that we'll need to monitor the weather since their are chances of rain in July, so we would need to rent tents. I really hope we dont, more $$$$!
          Tents?!? Where? On the jetty?? Do you have any idea how much they run?!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#25 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

We're not having our ceremony at the Mayan, so the tents would be on the beach for the reception. He didn't tell me how much they were, he only said that he can get great rates, I know I should have asked but I figured there was no going back anyways- we had already placed our deposit.

#26 SusanK

SusanK
            • VIP Member
            • 2,685 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:48 PM

Wow, it looks fabulous Jaime! I wish I could have like 10 weddings...just to go to all these fabulous sites!
              Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#27 bethtamar

bethtamar
              • 74 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

How exciting! I just finalized the plans for my Memorial Day Weekend '08 wedding in Nuevo Vallarta! We are staying at the Grand Mayan, which is amazing! I am sure the Mayan Palace in PV is amazing too!
                Beth and Jason
                May 25, 2008
                Nuevo Vallarta

#28 bethtamar

bethtamar
                • 74 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:55 PM

How exciting! I just finalized the plans for my Memorial Day Weekend '08 wedding in Nuevo Vallarta! We are staying at the Grand Mayan, which is amazing (I stayed there last year)! I am sure the Mayan Palace in PV is amazing too!
                  Beth and Jason
                  May 25, 2008
                  Nuevo Vallarta

#29 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:00 AM

Good for you Jaime! Never been to the other, but you'll love the Westin. And you're right about the beds!!!

#30 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,996 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

Both hotels look gorgeous Jaime! I can't wait to see how your plans unfold. Some of the decor at the Mayan looks absolutely fab!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users