Checking OOT bag medicines etc on the plane

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 msmoodyr

• 329 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

Are there are problems with packing all of the medicines or hand sanitizers? If you put them in your checked bag do they need to be in ziplocks?

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

I would not pack OOT meds & hand sanitizers in my carry-on bag, especially if you have alot. All of my OOT supplies including Tylenol & Purell wipes were packed & put into my checked luggage.
      Considering all of the current regulations, if possible, I would suggest you pack those supplies & put them into checked luggage.

#3 virgotech757

• 42 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:36 PM

i would advise putting in luggage. i am taking over meds and hand sanitizer as well for oot bags. we are packing a seperated suitcase with all that stuff. would not advise taking on boad with you unless you plan on having them tell you to throw it all away (hand sanitizer)

#4 juliaks

• 32 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

We toyed with giving our OOT bags before the flight, so people would have them for the trip (we put some snacks in them). But because we have hand sanitizers, tylenol, etc, we opted to just put everything into a separate suitcase and will check it with everything else.

#5 Diva

• 682 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:01 PM

I too was planning to go the "wellness" route for my OOT bags (tylenol, hand sanitizer, pepto, etc) and we are packing them in our checked luggage. Just avoid the hassle of TSA

#6 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
            • 265 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

In your checked luggage would be fine. My sister flies back and forth becasue she is in school in the carribean so she packs a lot of food and personal items, meds and things in her checked luggage and she has no problem. But I agree with the other ladies they will throw it right away if you try to carry it on. I once was flying and forgot I had a water bottle in my bag and they saw it on the scanner and made me come over and throw it away and their were also a lot of ladies they got pulled to the side and had to throw away all kids of lotions and perfumes.

#7 Kelitaw

• 512 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

I am planning on putting my items in my checked luggage as well. The idea of putting the hand sanitizers in zip lock baggies is a good idea that way your items are protected if one springs a leak!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users