Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chipotle99

The official P90X Support Group!

Recommended Posts

I'm starting the program tomorrow...wish me luck LOL from the sounds of it, i need it!

I also do Zumba two to three times a week :) Loving Zumba like crazy and wish there was a class 7 days a week I could go to so i am hoping I can do the P90X in combo with Zumba and survive it :) I will keep you all posted :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Sharon!  Just started 30 day shred yesterday, day 2 today! :o)

 

Janet, good luck!!!  I guess the best advice I can give is that no matter how much your body my ache, don't give up!  I had to work through the pain for my first week or two, but it was all so worth it! I got great results from the program!  I have yet to try zumba, but I need to!!  I hear it is soo much fun.  Definitely don't give up those few days of really enjoyable workouts :o)  I've known people who kept running while on this program and it only helped strengthen the results!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping i can tough it out! It definitely wont be fun like Zumba but i will get more of the strengthening that i need compared to Zumba so i am hoping the combo of both will show good results. :) I am expecting lots of aches and pains but i have my dress fitting on Sept 24th in the back of my head so that will keep me going :)

 

How did you find day one of your 30 day shred? I have the DVD from a friend as well but think i will start with P90X first

 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Thanks Sharon!  Just started 30 day shred yesterday, day 2 today! :o)

 

Janet, good luck!!!  I guess the best advice I can give is that no matter how much your body my ache, don't give up!  I had to work through the pain for my first week or two, but it was all so worth it! I got great results from the program!  I have yet to try zumba, but I need to!!  I hear it is soo much fun.  Definitely don't give up those few days of really enjoyable workouts :o)  I've known people who kept running while on this program and it only helped strengthen the results!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet

 

My first day with 30 day shred was great!  I worry about seeing results, mainly because I know how hard I worked with P90X, and this isn't as hard because it is only 20 minutes long :oP.  I read nothing but rave reviews about it though, so we'll see!!  I go back to work August 31st, so that will be my 30 days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep me posted! I would love to hear how it goes....maybe on the days i am too sore with P90X i can do the 20 mins video of the 30 day shred....i will have to see how it goes :) tonight is day one of P90X after work so i will be hoping for the best :)

 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Janet

 

My first day with 30 day shred was great!  I worry about seeing results, mainly because I know how hard I worked with P90X, and this isn't as hard because it is only 20 minutes long :oP.  I read nothing but rave reviews about it though, so we'll see!!  I go back to work August 31st, so that will be my 30 days!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely will!  Good luck tonight!! Are you doing the classic program?  I went through the lean program and thought it was much better suited for "women".  It focuses more on cardio and getting lean than it does on muscle building.  It starts with a Core workout instead of chest and back -- which I had no desire to work on :oP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadnt really decided yet LOL i was going to skim through them when i got home but i might take your comments and start with the lean program and go from there :)

 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

I definitely will!  Good luck tonight!! Are you doing the classic program?  I went through the lean program and thought it was much better suited for "women".  It focuses more on cardio and getting lean than it does on muscle building.  It starts with a Core workout instead of chest and back -- which I had no desire to work on :oP.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Good luck Janet! How did day 1 go?

 

Went to winners at bought a pull-up bar today. I hope I can do ONE legitimate pull-up by the end of the program. Today is the last day of Month 1 for me (yoga... which isn't as bad as I first thought), and I've noticed the biggest difference in my upper body strength. I'm doing the classic program.

 

Jszy - what's 30 day shred like? Is it a cardio-strength training mix? I don't know anyone who has done it.


 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

I hadnt really decided yet LOL i was going to skim through them when i got home but i might take your comments and start with the lean program and go from there :)

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 day shred is a Jillian Michael's DVD program that has 3 20-minute workouts that go in levels.  You do the 1st level for 10 days, 2nd level for 10 days and 3rd level for 10 days -- they get progressively harder.  She stresses that you can't take a break during the entire workout in order to get results from just 20 minutes of working out a day.  The workouts are structured like this:

 

One  2 minute warm-up

Three 6 minute circuits (each have 3 min. of strength training, 2 min. of cardio, 1 min. of abs)

then a quick 2 minute cool down/stretch

 

It is actually around 22 minutes if you include the warm up and cool down.

 

I actually like it, and am definitely sweating by the end of it!  It goes really fast.  I'll keep you posted on the results if you'd like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 1 wasnt as horrible as i thought it was going to be LOL i pictured the worst in my head so it would be do-able to me once i started....it worked hahaha

 

My shoulders and core definitely got worked cause i feel it today but its good pain. I started with the Core DVD to see what it was like but i am going to jump in and follow the suggested flow. I have Zumba tonight but i might do the Ab video when i get home :) i do have back problems though from old injuries so there were some moves in the DVD for P90X that i couldnt do, for the moves i couldnt do, i would just do some crunches or other things so i kept moving.

 

hopefullly i can get through the other DVDs :) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×