Photo

Put them in my OOT bag or not?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Girasole

Girasole
  • 757 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

Hi everyone! I am getting all my stuff together for my OOT bags and they look great but I also decided to buy starfish wine charms as a "gift." We are not having a "reception" but rather just a dinner at one of the resort restaurants, do you think people will know these are our favors if we put them in our OOT bags? See them below on the link

Beach Themed Wine Charms
    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#2 march132010

march132010
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

I like them, not sure if they are something I would use...

#3 shae

shae
      • 308 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

hi – i don't think you should put them in the oot bags. it'll lose the idea of it being your favors. perhaps you can arrange with the restaurant manager to place one charm on the glasses that will be on your dinner table. and maybe personalize it with a little hang tag. just my two cents! :)

#4 Mallory57

Mallory57
        • 454 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:44 PM

I agree with Shae! It would be cute to have them on the glasses...are you having a champagne toast or anything of the sort?
          35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#5 Girasole

Girasole
          • 757 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

Yep, we are doing a champagne toast, that's a good idea. I wonder how much the resort will charge us to do that...

#6 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
            • 445 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

I like Shae's idea as well. We are going to put maracas on our dinner table as favors. I think it will just be another surprise for people! First they get a OOT bag then the starfish wine charm at dinner. Just another plus!
              Cristi & Jamie
              http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#7 asayle

asayle
              • 37 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:30 AM

extremely cute idea -- $8 is expensive, but i do dig the concept!
                The fun starts ... February 22, 2011!

#8 Girasole

Girasole
                • 757 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:54 AM

We are lucky we only have 7 people coming with us so the cost isn't too high. I decided after talking to the resort just to put them in our OOT bags and the only reason I did this is because they will charge me a $250 set-up fee to put them out for the reception. To me, that was just too much.

#9 josietoms

josietoms
                  • 765 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Girasole
                    We are lucky we only have 7 people coming with us so the cost isn't too high. I decided after talking to the resort just to put them in our OOT bags and the only reason I did this is because they will charge me a $250 set-up fee to put them out for the reception. To me, that was just too much.
                    These are really cute - but i think your hotel is really cheeky!! Thats way to much. I would put them in my OOT bag with a little note explaining they are a favour or wrap them in tissue paper and hand them to your guests on the day with a thank you tag as you only have a small number of you. This will make it a little more personal.
                    Josie x

#10 loua4

loua4
                    • 397 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:34 AM

I agree with everyone else. I think they will just get put aside if they are in the OOT bags. And they will look so cute put out on the tables at your reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users