Does anyone not feel pretty in their dress after their fitting?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Crystal&Matt2010

• 121 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:43 AM

So, I bought a gorgeous dress (Melissa Sweet Lia) and I thought it was beautiful and perfect. I am a size 0 so I was constantly trying on dresses at the bridal stores that were 8, 10 and 12's so it was a bit decieving at times. I ended up buying this dress from another bride who canceled her wedding in a size 2 and now I am not sure. Is anyone else having these thoughts I am starting to wonder if I am just being too picky. Obviously when I brought my mom with me to the seamstress she said it looks gorgeous, but I'm not sure anymore. So I thought about selling it and starting over, however I have had it taken in on the sides, on the bottom and everywhere in between.

I keep telling myself that it is all in my head. Also, I will be tan, freshly highlighted and have a great hairdo on my wedding day... I just hope that does the trick. I guess I am just concerned that when I try on my dress I no longer feel pretty... that doesn't feel right. My fiance would just die if he knew I was thinking this after the price I paid on my dress, so I dare not tell him.

So enough rambling aside. Anyone else having these feelings Perhaps this is this just a glimpse of wedding jitters Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks ladies!

#2 midnight24

• 754 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:40 AM

i had the same problem when i went to my first dress fitting. i didn't think the dress looked good either.

but i'm happy to say after the 2nd fitting, the right shoes...i'm back in love with the dress.

give it at least one more shot before you sell it! you may surprise yourself.

#3 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

I think a lot of people have that problem, especially if you buy your dress well in advance of the wedding. Sometimes the more you look at something, the more unsure you become. I think that goes for a lot of things in life.

I know that when I first tried on my dress, I fell in love with it. Now, I see other dresses that I like and wonder if I made a big mistake, but I then have to make myself remember how sure I was when I had my dress on.

I'm sure you'll be absolutely beautiful in whatever dress you choose!

#4 march132010

• 1,057 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

I'm heading to my last fitting today, I'm nervous I have liked my dress so far, with 10 days to go, I have no choice---

#5 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

Oh I can definitely relate to this. I felt really plain and boring in mine, but on the wedding day with the hair and makeup.... completely different feeling :).
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#6 Shakara

• 193 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

Hey Crystal,
              I completely understand and know where your coming from. Even when I thought I found the dress that was "the one" AND ordered it I wanted to try on other dresses after because I was so unsure. This is definetly normal and I'm pretty sure 90% of us brides to be goes through this. Just remember something maybe you love the dress enough to buy it. I think at your next fitting just throw the right shoes on, hair up (or down), and a little make up and THEN take a look. I think you will Love it again! And at the end of the day... if you still feel your not happy with it... I say do exactly what you feel will make you the happiest on the one of the best days ever!! Either way... everyone is gonna think you look beautiful.. ESPECIALLY your FI!

Good Luck

#7 bahiabride2010

• 997 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

I can relate to your sentiments here...I'm going to try on my dress for the first time in seven months on Saturday morning and I really hope I still love it! It's been so long since I fell in love with it...I hope that it still makes me feel great and it's the one.

#8 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

I had the same feeling! I feel like I picked my dress in haste, and I'm not sure I love it anymore! Everyone keeps telling me how gorgeous I look in it, and these are people who are brutally honest so I know they aren't lying! But I know where you are coming from. I think mine has something to do with the fact I am not at my goal weight, but that will come! You will be a beautiful bride, I just know it! :)
                  Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#9 mich&adam

• 120 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

I felt the same way Crystal. When I bought my dress it was summertime/July and I was tan in this white dress and i loved it. When I when back for my first fitting in January, i was pasty white, my hair was a mess and i just felt awful and hated my dress. I have since went back after all the alterations, with the shoes and my hair semi-fixed and it looks good, still not great like the summertime but i'm hoping with a few tan sessions and being in Mexico for a few days prior with a great hairstyle from the salon, things will be fine...hang in there...a lot of us can totally relate :)

#10 Mallory57

• 454 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

I'm sure you look beautiful...but just remember that the magic of your wedding day, the hair, the makeup, the anticipation all rolled in to one will make you feel as gorgeous as you look!! :)
                      35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users