Photo

Weather!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Irishgirl

Irishgirl
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hi! I'm new to this, I am planning a wedding in Jamaica in 2011. We haven't set a date yet. Do any of u know what the best month during the low season would be to avoid the rain?? I was thinking june/July??

I appreciate any feedback!!

#2 mswhatever

mswhatever
    • 475 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

I found this website that should help you make your decision. If you click on the actual month it will even break it down by time of day.

http://jamaica-guide.info/weather/

#3 blumenthale

blumenthale
      • 242 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hurricane season is generally btwn June and November. The rainy season starts in May in Jamaica. But, it seems to rain for short spurts in the late afternoon. The website mentioned above is good. Google it, do a little more research, you can get better rates off season if you can handle some rain.

#4 Mallory57

Mallory57
        • 454 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

My wedding is August...which is included in the span on months 'not to go'...with my grad school and work schedule, we literally didn't have a choice--but I'm terrified and hoping for the best! I can handle a rain shower or two, but a hurricane would not be okay! lol
          35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#5 Geralyn

Geralyn
          • 2,677 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

Our wedding was in july and I have been to jamaica another time in july....it usually rains a little bit in the late afternoon...nothing too bad...the week we were there for the wedding i think it rained only 1 time

#6 Perplexy

Perplexy
            • 207 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

Sometimes rain is good though.  It cools things down, and you can keep your eyes open!  I was hoping and praying for a sunny day, and am actually glad I didn't get it.  My husband's eyes would have been closed through the ceremony, the pictures and everything in between!

http://tickers.Ticke....4a37/event.png

~Stay positive and love your life!~

#7 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
              • 190 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

I just had my wedding in Jamaica July 24, we only had rain for about 3 days we were there out of 7.  And it rained mostly in the afternoon.  I rained during the time of our ceremony, but it turned out to be good, cause we had the ceremony on the Terrance where it wasn't so hot and covered and was able to get all of our pictures on the beach afterward.

#8 OchoRiosBride2010

OchoRiosBride2010
                • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the advice!!! i checked out that website for the weather by months...its great gonna keep an eye on it during the up coming months!

ROR Jamaica Nov 17th 2010 -- 37 people booked!!!!! woohoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users