"Go Travel South" - Out of Business

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

I hope this isn't affecting any of our B2Bs!!! Or any of our members for that matter!!!

http://www.gotravels...Lang=EN&gID=OTT

#2 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
    • 260 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:08 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BachataBride
      I hope this isn't affecting any of our B2Bs!!! Or any of our members for that matter!!!

http://www.gotravels...Lang=EN&gID=OTT

That's really sh*tty that you have to dispute the charges...suppose someone used their check card?? gosh!
      I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#3 taratoons

taratoons
      • 123 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

It's definitely affecting me in more ways than one. My fiance was EMPLOYED by them, AND our wedding of 43 people was booked through them. :0( So now we're down to one salary, and we have about 45 days until our wedding to figure everything out. Needless to say, it's been a pretty crazy few days for us. :0(

#4 AishaB

AishaB
        • 2,350 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for sharing.
          BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

OMG Taratoons!!! that's insane!!! I wish you all the best & hope things work out ok! A change doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing - I know a couple of the girls who's weddings got cancelled last year bc of the piggy flu & ended up having amazing weddings that they said they wouldn't change for anything!! I'm sure once the stress of re-planning passes you will have an amazing time!!! Sending lots of positive stress free vibes your way ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#6 taratoons

taratoons
            • 123 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

Thanks Bachata Bride, I'm trying to stay positive (even though I'm a total pessimist by nature). For example, now our guests arrive at the resort around 11 am instead of midnight, and they leave later on the last day. It just sucks that it's not just the wedding, it's his job too. At this point though, it looks like everyone will be getting their money back, but it can take up to 3 months. We have re-booked everyone onto another flight successfully, and are just trying to get a room rate and organize a transfer. Thank God FI knows his way around the industry, he's done great! Thank you so much for the support. :0)

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

i always recommend people pay for their travel with a credit card (not debit). it just gives you extra protection in case something like this happens.

what a bummer!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 ronsoliman

ronsoliman
              • 233 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

Wow..this is sad.

#9 Melidell

Melidell
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tammy Host
                  i always recommend people pay for their travel with a credit card (not debit). it just gives you extra protection in case something like this happens.

what a bummer!
                  I second that. I used to work for a bank and that was one thing I learned- credit cards give you that extra protection that you just don't get from your bank account (in Canada, anyway, not sure about the States but it's probably the same idea). I've been trying to pay for everything with Visa as I go, just in case. Plus that way you have your Visa statement as a backup if you ever lose a receipt.

I'm so sorry for anyone who's been affected by this. I hope that everything works out for anyone who had their wedding arranged through these guys. This is pretty scary!
                  Loving married life!

#10 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
                  • 445 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

I always like to cover all my bases and wanted to know if you have to have a protection plan on your credit card in order for the credit card company to reimburse you if something like this happens?

Also are you covered if you have travel insurance? What if you bought the insurance through your travel agent
                    Cristi & Jamie
                    http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users