Photo

What are you doing to prepare your self?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

What are you doing or have done to prepare your skin, and body for the big day? I'm exercising and considering starting up my micro dermabrasion for my skin. I'm also trying to drink more and more water as I heard that helps your skin glow. I know my wedding is not until next year but I figured I better start doing something now.

What are you guys doing differently?

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#2 mnh1983

mnh1983
    • 743 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

I'm exercising and trying to eat more healthy. I think I may get a spray tan soon to see how it looks so I can try to have a healthy glow for the wedding!

#3 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
      • 473 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

Eating more healthy! I started a meal program Diet-to-go...best part it's fresh food. Quality far exceeds Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig.

I need to up my exercise routine more...and Diet-to-go has a partnership with Team Fitness America and in home personal trainers.

Both programs are not too bad as far as cost. I'm on a tight budget and been able to work them both in. Only hurts when I can't spend on what I want instead of what I need. :-)

#4 Eliana

Eliana
        • 676 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

I'm trying to eat healthier and also exercise more.. but I haven't really got into the whole "taking care of me" so far... I think I need to focus a bit more on this asap....
          I was also considering visiting a dermatologist to take care of my skin... I think the main thing I'm focusing on now is being happier every day and appreciate more everything I've have and the people in my life.

#5 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
          • 473 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by elifrigo
            I'm trying to eat healthier and also exercise more.. but I haven't really got into the whole "taking care of me" so far... I think I need to focus a bit more on this asap....
            I was also considering visiting a dermatologist to take care of my skin... I think the main thing I'm focusing on now is being happier every day and appreciate more everything I've have and the people in my life.
            That's so sweet!!

#6 hat0112

hat0112
            • 1,219 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

I am trying to eat right and exercise (I’m not doing a great job of it so far). I would love to lose about 17lbs for the wedding. I already drink a ton of water (about 16 cups a day, including 2 cups of green tea) and I have been told I have great skin (genetics helped since I got my Mom’s nice olive skin). I am a Weight Watchers Leader so I follow that program since it helped me lose 25lbs already.

I would like to tan before the wedding so I have some color, but I am not sure how I am going to tan (tanning booth or spray). It might be the booth since I don’t have the money I would need to spray tan. I need my face to clear up (I break out under stress) so I might have a few DIY facials before hand and hopefully that does the trick. I will have my hair cut and colored a week before I leave.
              Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#7 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by hat0112
                I am trying to eat right and exercise (I’m not doing a great job of it so far). I would love to lose about 17lbs for the wedding. I already drink a ton of water (about 16 cups a day, including 2 cups of green tea) and I have been told I have great skin (genetics helped since I got my Mom’s nice olive skin). I am a Weight Watchers Leader so I follow that program since it helped me lose 25lbs already.

I would like to tan before the wedding so I have some color, but I am not sure how I am going to tan (tanning booth or spray). It might be the booth since I don’t have the money I would need to spray tan. I need my face to clear up (I break out under stress) so I might have a few DIY facials before hand and hopefully that does the trick. I will have my hair cut and colored a week before I leave.
                I'm consider WW again, I joined twice before but never had too much success. And I went to one of the offices the other day and all of the ladies in their were old. Do you think it's worth trying again. I don't know..
                http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#8 bride7474

bride7474
                • 582 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

Im eating well, exercising a few times a week, drinking tons of water everyday and getting chemical peels every month.

#9 hat0112

hat0112
                  • 1,219 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tennyt1
                    I'm consider WW again, I joined twice before but never had too much success. And I went to one of the offices the other day and all of the ladies in their were old. Do you think it's worth trying again. I don't know..
                    Well I joined WW twice and it took the third time for me to finally lose the weight I wanted. I always got half way and stopped. If you follow the program you can lose weight, but the key is to track your food. I would just try a different meeting time or center. All meetings are different. My meeting was actually a younger crowd. I went during lunch time in the city and it had men and women from about 20 to 45 yrs old. I think you should try it again and in February since they have free registration right now. If you do it and you don’t like it, at least you tried.
                    Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#10 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
                    • 194 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

tons of water for sure!! and spray tan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users