Photo

Anyone use beach mats instead of chairs?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 roxyqt

roxyqt
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:55 AM

Almost forgot,
    The bride actual aisle was in the front of all the guest. So she walking in front of everyone not down the traditional aisle down the middle, so no one was looking up at her as she made her way to the alter. Also, my friends wedding was very, very casual. Everyone was in surfer boy/girl attire, the groom & groomsmen even had solid dark brown board shorts on with nicer White button down shirts and most of the girls wore sundresses. It completely fit the two of them perfectly :), they are surfers and actually moved to Costa Rica after the wedding :).

#12 roo66

roo66
    • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:47 AM

How about doing mats with cushions running into a semi circle or circle.However you do need to think of the less able guests.
      What about lounge furniture like poofees not sure on the spelling.
      It could work out expensive though

#13 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
      • 194 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by aimee!
        We had about 30 guests, and a wedding party of 9, so we had 20 seated guests. I thought that it looked okay. Here's some pictures to help you visualize.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

i agree with the others on your guests may not feel comfortable sitting on the floor. if you set them up like this, i think it looks great. or, if you have less people you can have one row of chairs slightly angled on both sides.

#14 RedHeadBride

RedHeadBride
        • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by roxyqt
          Almost forgot,
          The bride actual aisle was in the front of all the guest. So she walking in front of everyone not down the traditional aisle down the middle, so no one was looking up at her as she made her way to the alter. Also, my friends wedding was very, very casual. Everyone was in surfer boy/girl attire, the groom & groomsmen even had solid dark brown board shorts on with nicer White button down shirts and most of the girls wore sundresses. It completely fit the two of them perfectly :), they are surfers and actually moved to Costa Rica after the wedding :).
          I think this looks beautiful. We may do chairs after all. I will let you know what we decide! Thanks to everyone for their thoughts!
          22 booked!

#15 roxyqt

roxyqt
          • 165 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:35 AM

Hey everyone,
            I ran across this today in Style me Pretty looking for inspiration, a wedding with beach seating :).... Thought I would share if anyone was wanting to see what this wedding was like :). It looks like there are 2 benches in the background as well and the guest count is pretty large :)
            Google Image Result for http://cache.stylemepretty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/megan-41.jpg

#16 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
            • 923 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for the opinions...I'm still undecided :/

#17 Barkles

Barkles
              • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

I think it depends on how formal your beach wedding is going to be if your all casual some raffia Matt's could be cute or even all one color beach towels if decorated correctly.  But if people are going to be super dressed up I'd say not.

#18 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                • 923 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

I'm in love with these images...But I already know what my grandma will say...I was thinking a row of chairs in the back but I don't want to put grandma in the back...still working on it

untitled.jpg

#19 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                  • 923 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:19 AM

dc753c0afc68f2e2914577a2d94d5902_m.jpgbc97543429025ace36d3df4a85428988_m.jpg

#20 STAC8228

STAC8228
                    • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

we also thought of beach mats, & having them personalized for the guest to take with them. think were going to stick with the chair since the venue already had them, but love the idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users