| Originally Posted by Oryx |
It feels like such a crapshoot... we are also leaving around January 30th and it's so hard to know when to book. I have one TA who is saying book NOW NOW NOW and another who doesn't think it's a problem to wait until early June to see if the prices come down. Who knows... the prices are still too high for my liking, so we are waiting one more month to watch the rates.
Barbiegirl_27 -- I notice you are from Halifax. We will be having a number of guests flying from Halifax and I'm worried that there might not be direct flights to Punta Cana at the end of January. Do you remember seeing direct flights from Halifax in the past? Hopefully my guests will not have to connect... ah I can't wait until we settle this stuff.
I'm not totally sure about direct to Punta Cana, but check out Sunwing. They do direct flights from the Atlantic provices (at least they did this year!) When we first talked to a TA out here, she told us it would be $400 more to go direct from Halifax, rather than transfer through Toronto. I am really hoping that the prices go down come summer or even fall, and that we're able to get direct from here. I hate having to connect! I know what you mean about wanting this all settled....luckily our guests have backed off asking about pricing....for now!