Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

Focus Tammy Focus...

#12 jak27

jak27
    • 715 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by akh
      she's too focused on the thought of getting her pictures soon!
      For sure! Nothing will get done until pictures are at hand!

#13 jak27

jak27
      • 715 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by chprfan
        They are dendrobium orchids that are stem dyed. They are normally the bright pink and white ones you have probably seen but they put them in blue dye and they turn this color. The florist I worked for sold these all the time!
        Ok, next question. What type of dye? Regular food coloring or something special?

Any special tips?

I want to play with this, and see what callas look like too!

#14 JessicaM

JessicaM
        • Vendor
        • 1,969 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

YOu can buy them this way...most florist know about them (well at least here they do) I think if you show them a picture of them you can order them. I wouldnt have any idea how to do them myself though....sorry

#15 MERRYME

MERRYME
          • 324 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

I've dyed Roses before and I assume that you could do the same with orchids.

I just use food coloring. The trick isto make a "concentrate". Room temperature water works best and make sure you cut about and inch of the stem before you place it in the concentrate. You will have to watch the flowers and make sure you remove them once you get the color intesity you want.
            Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
            22nd of December 2006

#16 jak27

jak27
            • 715 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MERRYME
              I've dyed Roses before and I assume that you could do the same with orchids.

I just use food coloring. The trick isto make a "concentrate". Room temperature water works best and make sure you cut about and inch of the stem before you place it in the concentrate. You will have to watch the flowers and make sure you remove them once you get the color intesity you want.
              Thank you thank you! I sense a weekend project...I'm sure FI will be thrilled (j/k)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users