resort ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sarahgrace36

• 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Do we need a travel agents, or do most people do all of the booking themselves?

Our biggest concern is cost to our guests. We'd like a place with rooms at 250-300 per night per room.

We visited grand bahia and were disappointed because our room smelled like sewage and we had a rough time getting them to give us a new room. We also visited Dreams Tulum and loved it but the rooms are so pricey.

Anyone know of a resort that's nice but not quite so pricey for the guests?

#2 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

welcome!!! well for 250-300 PER NIGHT you can find a few nice places!!!! I'm using a TA and that's because i'm extremely new to traveling period. so I didn't want to be out there like a giraffe in a lion's den. scared and confused. lol and I notice most people use TA's cause it cuts down on stress and gives the guess and easier route as to booking rooms and flights.

but there are tons of threads that can help more. good luck and happy planning!!!!

#3 sarahgrace36

• 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

Thanks! I think I'll use one, too. I'm just not very organized

Can I ask why you chose Catalonia?

#4 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

my TA gave a few choices based on what I wanted and this one stuck out for some reason.(more or less eenie meenie mynnie mo... lol) I try not to put too much thought into things cause I tend to lose it. lol

#5 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hi Sarah,
          Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for.
          Congratulations on your wedding!!

#6 baj

• 1,555 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:59 AM

congrat's & welcome to the forum, ou will find lots of info here to help you with your planning.

#7 nic&mark

• 156 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:42 AM

Welcome...Congrats...and...Have FUN planning your dream day...!!!

Nicola & Mark
              16th June 2010
              Riu Montego Bay - Jamaica

#8 Nicyx

• 2,914 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hello and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions advice you have will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#9 Ashlynn039

• 355 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hi Sarah! Welcome to the forum :) We're using a travel planner who specializes in destination weddings - we just thought it would be less stressful to have somebody who knows what they're doing helping us & our guests plan and book our travel. Plus she had so much info on the resorts, she really helped us narrow down our options and ultimately pick our final choice :) Best of luck on your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users