Sign in to follow this  
coley88

Friendly Advice - Frat brothers!??!

Hey BDWer's, I am looking for a little advice with a situation that my FI brought up over the weekend.

One if his fraternity brothers is an extremely talented artist who doesn't really understand or care about respecting others personal space. He is a huge drinker and probably the least hygenic person I've ever met in my life. I really really don't want him at our wedding...with that be said he's an incredible photographer and my FI wants to invite him and his wife (ha) so we don't have to pay for an additional photographer. I really don't want him therehuh.gif

On the other hand, a friend of one of our closest friends is a wedding photographer and very clean. I'd rather have him there, but am worried that it might cause problems with the brothers...?

I don't know what to do. I haven't mentioned to my FI about the other friend (he lives in another state so we don't really see/talk about him very often). I just remembered yesterday that he's a wedding photographer.

Any suggestions/advice would be very helpful!

Nichole

I don't think it will cause an issue between the brothers if you guys go with the clean photographer. Your FI can say that it's just a business decision that BOTH of you made. if you are not comfortable with his frat brother, then you should voice your displeasure to your FI. it is about you and your FI on your wedding day!

I agree with lady d...this isn't a frat party it's your wedding :) you don't want a drunk, smelly frat guy to ruin any part of it, besides if he is a big partier what guarantees do you have that he will be the best photog for your most important memories? since he and your FI have a "frat boy" connection, he (photog) might feel like he doesnt need to be as professional and will be more free to act as a guest who happens to take pics!

If your fiance doesn't budge on his request, you can always let him know that you have guidelines for the way he should act. If the only reason why you're asking him along is for a second photographer, it should be a professional contract and he should act accordingly!

Perhaps you should see the guy in action. I mean, if he's a talented photographer with a large client list, he may be able to put on his "photographer hat" and shift into a more professional demeanor.