BOB LYONS - Steel Drum Soloist

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Reya

Reya
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:20 PM

Hey Guys!

Just in case you have never heard of him, I wanted to tell you about BOB.

He is an AMAZING Steel Pan player. I don't know him but I came across his site when the FI and I were trying to find wedding music.

Anyways, he plays a LOT of songs and he even sells his CDs or Music files. We are planning on buying some of his stuff soon.

I am going to walk down the asile to this....i think it's even more beautiful than the original:

YouTube - Pachelbel Canon - Reggae

Here is his website for more infortion and you can find most of his stuff on You Tube too :)

Just wanted to share!

#2 Reya

Reya
    • 174 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

Sorry here is his site:

Steel Drum Music in South Florida by Bob Lyons > Reggae > Calypso > Weddings > Steelpan > SteelDrum CDs >

#3 Taghan

Taghan
      • 239 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

I stumbled upon him on YouTube as well!!! LOVE HIS STUFF!!! I ordered his mp3 files and we're going to use some of his songs for the ceremony. I really wanted to have a steel drum player, but what it was going to cost for a very short amount of time, we opted to play the music from an iPod.

#4 nbills511

nbills511
        • 164 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for sharing!! I saw him playing a wedding on youtube and he was great!! :)

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

I know he is really good. I ordered his CD about a year ago off his site! I ended up getting 2 cd's and link for the mp3. all for the price of 1 cd. I am hoping to have a steel drum band play but if its not possible because of location of ceremony and cocktail hour I will use some of the songs from Bob Lyons
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 a_dawn_w

a_dawn_w
            • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:52 PM

What a Small world!! I was doing soem research online this weekend for our wedding music and I found his website. Im gonna buy both of his CD's and use it for background music during our dinner!

#7 AishaB

AishaB
              • 2,350 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

Thank you so much for posting this. I want to have steel pan playing during my ceremony. I was thinking about asking my uncle since he is a professional player but not sure if he will be able to make it. This info is invaluable. Thanks a lot for posting.
                BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#8 mykidsmomtx

mykidsmomtx
                • 87 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

So excited to run across this thread! We have been stressing over all the music and decided we are going to use his CDs during the ceremony and dinner. We found some other steel drum songs on Amazon we are going to download to add to the mix, but the majority will be his CDs. What a relief!!

We are still doing a playlist for the reception though, so we'll be working on that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users