Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
~*Lisa*~

**~Lisa's Riu Negril review with pics!~**

Recommended Posts

Lisa, CONGRATS from a fellow Sudbury bride-to be!!!

 

I was very disappointed with Sears Travel as well..... and, actually, we ended up going to All Seasons Travel to book our wedding in JA.

 

Your wedding looked like it was beautiful!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI! I have not booked my wedding yet. We actually got engaged on March 13th 2010 at the Riu Club Negril! I had a blast! We would like to have it at the same resort... i just had a couple concerns. Maybe some of you can help me! First..

 

Is May an ok time to get married in Jamaica? I know it can sometimes be the start of hurricaine season... i would idealy like to get married in August...(i want to be out of school) and it gives us a little more time to plan and save, but i know that is smack dab right in the middle of Hurricaine season! sad.gif

 

2. When can i book my wedding day? and what were the average cost for your guests to come? My travel agent said i had to wait till the airline was available to even book my date. its not available til 330 days prior to your date....which is July (if i choose May).

 

3. Are flowers and photography extra costs?

 

4. Did you find that the sand was a bit rocky on the beach where the wedding is held? I checked it out when we were there.. and that was one thing that i didnt like. I have always dreamed of being married barefoot... and i dont think that is possible because of the thin, rocky sand!

 

 

There are just a few to start! haah plenty more to come! Any help is GREATLY appretiated:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennypenny23 View Post
Lisa, CONGRATS from a fellow Sudbury bride-to be!!!

I was very disappointed with Sears Travel as well..... and, actually, we ended up going to All Seasons Travel to book our wedding in JA.

Your wedding looked like it was beautiful!!
YEAH! Another Sudburian!! (sorry, super late on this one! lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobeMrsAllen View Post
HI! I have not booked my wedding yet. We actually got engaged on March 13th 2010 at the Riu Club Negril! I had a blast! We would like to have it at the same resort... i just had a couple concerns. Maybe some of you can help me! First..

Is May an ok time to get married in Jamaica? I know it can sometimes be the start of hurricaine season... i would idealy like to get married in August...(i want to be out of school) and it gives us a little more time to plan and save, but i know that is smack dab right in the middle of Hurricaine season! sad.gif

Not too sure about the weather there for those months. That one you'll have to research.

2. When can i book my wedding day? and what were the average cost for your guests to come? My travel agent said i had to wait till the airline was available to even book my date. its not available til 330 days prior to your date....which is July (if i choose May).

I booked as soon as the prices for the resort came out!

3. Are flowers and photography extra costs?

Flowers were included (they give you about 10 to choose from and if you want something different, then it'll cost you). The photographer was extra. I was disapointed in this because 2 years ago, when my cousin got married, the photog was included in the package.

4. Did you find that the sand was a bit rocky on the beach where the wedding is held? I checked it out when we were there.. and that was one thing that i didnt like. I have always dreamed of being married barefoot... and i dont think that is possible because of the thin, rocky sand!

The beach there wasn't the greatest. If you really want to do it barefoot, you'll do it, no matter what!! lol

There are just a few to start! haah plenty more to come! Any help is GREATLY appretiated:)
I suggest going to Riu's website and checking out the wedding section. It'll give you tons of information on the different packages they have and what they include.

Let me know if you do have any other questions, I would be happy to help! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heyy Lisa!!

 

Is Boulevard Florist the florist that RIU Negril uses? I got a great quote from them for my centrepeices, but can't find any refferals! Did you deal with them or did your co-ordinator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze616 View Post
Heyy Lisa!!

Is Boulevard Florist the florist that RIU Negril uses? I got a great quote from them for my centrepeices, but can't find any refferals! Did you deal with them or did your co-ordinator?
OMG Bree I'm so sorry, totally forgot to respond to this and I read it the day you posted! Hope you still love.gif me! lol

Anyway, Boulevard Florist is what we used but I had no contact with them as the co-ordinator did the work. The only flowers we got were my bouquet and Ken's boutionnere (sp?). So I really can't help you out. I do have to say that the flowers were really nice and lasted a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lisa!

 

First of all - Congrats!!! your pictures look absolutely beautiful!!

 

My fiance and I are currently in the process of reserving an April 9, 2011 wedding date at Riu Negril and it was so helpful reading your review. After reading about your experience I don't doubt my decision on picking this resort one bit! If you don't mind, I may have some questions for you as we get further into our planning process. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lua View Post
Hi Lisa!

First of all - Congrats!!! your pictures look absolutely beautiful!!

My fiance and I are currently in the process of reserving an April 9, 2011 wedding date at Riu Negril and it was so helpful reading your review. After reading about your experience I don't doubt my decision on picking this resort one bit! If you don't mind, I may have some questions for you as we get further into our planning process. :)
I don't mind at all Laura - ask away!! That's what I'm here for! cheesy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

woot.gifLisa thank you thank you thank you !!! you did amazing job on this review and its so helpful with the website links for flowers and photos!!!! I am planning my wedding at the Riu next march 2012 , but ur review was awesome !!!! Ur wedding was beautiful !!!! u made a very beautiful bride i just hope my special day will be just as beautiful as yours !!! I am too from Ontario not far from where ur from so its nice to see someone around here with a review for a wedding GREAT REVIEW !!!! and i will for sure be getting married at the Riu Negril alot of my choose was based on how well ur review was ( great pics )

 

Bride to be Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×