Photo

Need help picking the best all-inclusive resort!!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ldc23

ldc23
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

Okay, so my boyfriend and I have been together for seven years and he FINALLY proposed! We always talked about having a beach wedding, so we have narrowed it down to Playa del Carmen, but I have no clue where we want to stay.

I have a group about 30-40 people coming, that all like to have a good time...so I think all-inclusive is the way to go.

I have contacted Wicky's Restaurant and Beach Club and I am seriously considering having the ceremony on their beach and the reception. I haven't really done too much resort research for hosting the wedding there, but I like the fact we can party into the wee hours of the night, and pretty sure the costs are about the same.

Any ideas to which resort has the best beaches, service, and location..hoping for walking distance to downtown.

Happy planning!

#2 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
    • Vendor
    • 2,782 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!

#3 LynnieS

LynnieS
      • 319 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

Welcome and congratulations!!! How exciting! I highly recommend the Royal Playa del Carmen, that is where mine will be in May. If you want children, the Gran Porto Real is just across the street and is good as well. Happy Planning to you too!
        yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#4 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
        • 355 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your planning!

#5 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
          • 2,171 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you join us. You will find all the info you could ever want, and more here!
            Happy planning,
            Robyn

#6 dana

dana
            • 285 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

Welcome! Check out Riu Palace Riviera Maya forum

#7 robynhood

robynhood
              • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

Welcome and congratulations!

There is a lot of great info on here. I am getting married at Secrets Maroma Beach, an All Inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen. It is adults only which was important to us since we will be staying on after the wedding for our honeymoon and we wanted a more romantic (no kiddies) place.

I would check out the reviews on here in the wedding review section. And also check trip advisor (Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor) for reviews of the resorts. I did a ton of research before I finally settled on a place. Happy planning!

#8 ~Katie~

~Katie~
                • 1,225 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

hi,

welcome to the site :) there is plenty of info under the RM, Cancun sub-forum threads and is a great place to start researching hotels. these are all brides that are in your situation and want something guests will be happy with, as well as being able to accommodate and put on an amazing wedding day for you.

congrats on your upcoming wedding and HAPPY PLANNING!

#9 mslis007

mslis007
                  • 159 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

Hi and Welcome! You'll find lots of helpful info here!

#10 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
                    • 451 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

Welcome! My sister got married at a Riu in Jamaica last year and it was amazing, but we wanted to do Mexico so found the Riu Palace Riveria Maya. It looks perfect so check out the Riu link, there is lots of info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users