Photo

Where are my Edmonton, AB ladies at?

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#121 JenK

JenK
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:23 AM

I don' t think I'm going to have an AHR, however it will depend on who comes to Cabo. I'm just deciding on my dress right now, has anyone bought their dress from Novelle bridal shop? It seems like a nice place!

#122 nmurch

nmurch
    • 396 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

i ALMOST bought my dress there, they have a GREAT destination collection and one of the only Nicole Miller distributors in edmonton.. Angel os very nice and helpful it's agreat little shop, theyhad my 2nd dress choice there!!

Originally Posted by JenK 

I don' t think I'm going to have an AHR, however it will depend on who comes to Cabo. I'm just deciding on my dress right now, has anyone bought their dress from Novelle bridal shop? It seems like a nice place!

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#123 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
      • 284 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

I really wanted to buy mine from there, Angel was so nice!  But I eneded up finding my dress at Bridal Debut.  I have a feeling the customer service would have been much better at Novelle!

Originally Posted by JenK 

#124 JenK

JenK
        • 302 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

That's funny-my top 3 dresses were at Novelle, Pure and Bridal debut! I think that I'm leaning towards the one at bridal debut. It's good to hear some people that have had good experiences at Novelle!

#125 JenK

JenK
          • 302 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

So I did end up purchasing my dress from Novelle. They seem so great! Thanks ladies for your input :)

#126 L&C In Love

L&C In Love
            • 245 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

Hey Ladies!

I have got some questions to ask :)

Did any of you wear a strapless bra or going wo wear one under your dress? If so, where did you get it. I don't wear a strapless much and if I do decide to get one I want to get a good one and one that will really perk the ladies up :) I was thinking of going to Victoria Secret?

Another option is to get cups sewn into the dress. Has anyone done this and liked it?

If anyone is doing the oot bags, how are you taking all of that stuff down with you?? I am finding it difficult working out the details and I am flying with Transat and they charge quite a bit for extra luggage.

Is anyone leaving soon or just come back from their wedding, sorry I can't keep track :)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Lacey

#127 nmurch

nmurch
              • 396 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

hey i just posted my post wedding sale if anyones interested

http://www.bestdesti...st-wedding-sale

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#128 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
                • 284 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:26 AM

My dress was corset style and I had the panel behind it taken out so a bra was not an option.  My dress was too big on top, but to have it altered would have been pricey because I had beading on the bust. I had to have cups sewn in and then also had to add extra padding(swimsuit inserts actually worked awesome!) because I am not very big in that area!  Once my dress was laced up nice and tight, nothing moved and I forgot I even had the padding in.  It looked pretty natural too.

Air Transat should bump you to their elite package if your booking as a group and then you get extra luggage weight for free.  We had 22 people fly with us so they bumped us and another couple to elite plus and we didn't have to pay anything for our heavy bags(and mine was so big it had to go in the oversized area!)  Also you could give out your bags to guests that live in your city before you go to minimize your weight or get a friend who packs light to take some down for you.  I had my Dad be my pack mule and got him to add my candles, programs, shoes, etc to his almost empty suitcase!!  He also took our projector and lap top(for our slide show) as his carry on.  What a good guy!!!

Originally Posted by L&C In Love 

Hey Ladies!

I have got some questions to ask :)

Did any of you wear a strapless bra or going wo wear one under your dress? If so, where did you get it. I don't wear a strapless much and if I do decide to get one I want to get a good one and one that will really perk the ladies up :) I was thinking of going to Victoria Secret?

Another option is to get cups sewn into the dress. Has anyone done this and liked it?

If anyone is doing the oot bags, how are you taking all of that stuff down with you?? I am finding it difficult working out the details and I am flying with Transat and they charge quite a bit for extra luggage.

Is anyone leaving soon or just come back from their wedding, sorry I can't keep track :)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Lacey

#129 L&C In Love

L&C In Love
                  • 245 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

Did they bump you up when you arrived at the airport? I am really hoping they will do that with us as I have heard that before but I am worried because I think our flight is quite full. I don't care so much about Elite but rather just getting the extra baggage allowance. We have 40 people flying so I would think that involves something for free. Do you think I should say"since we booked 40 people with you could you allow us the Elite package luggage weight. I don't want to push it with them or anything.

I have been debating about giving the bags out before hand but then you have to trouble them to carry that stuff, oh decisions decisions!

Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey 

My dress was corset style and I had the panel behind it taken out so a bra was not an option.  My dress was too big on top, but to have it altered would have been pricey because I had beading on the bust. I had to have cups sewn in and then also had to add extra padding(swimsuit inserts actually worked awesome!) because I am not very big in that area!  Once my dress was laced up nice and tight, nothing moved and I forgot I even had the padding in.  It looked pretty natural too.

Air Transat should bump you to their elite package if your booking as a group and then you get extra luggage weight for free.  We had 22 people fly with us so they bumped us and another couple to elite plus and we didn't have to pay anything for our heavy bags(and mine was so big it had to go in the oversized area!)  Also you could give out your bags to guests that live in your city before you go to minimize your weight or get a friend who packs light to take some down for you.  I had my Dad be my pack mule and got him to add my candles, programs, shoes, etc to his almost empty suitcase!!  He also took our projector and lap top(for our slide show) as his carry on.  What a good guy!!!

#130 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
                    • 284 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

Our travel agent had us bumped up so when I got my travel documents the week before we found out we were able to bring the extra luggage.  It sucks that they are so strict with weight in Canada, when you leave Mexico they just randomly weigh bags!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users