Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kymkymkym

Where are my Edmonton, AB ladies at?

Recommended Posts


Whitemud creek is so nice, what a gem. It is expensive though. The capacity at Capilano does concern me becasue I am thinking around 80 will be coming, but their fees are reasonable! I got to go looking at all of these places right after New Years! Its coming so soon and before I know it all of the places are going to be booked.
 

Originally Posted by oJustBeachyo View Post

I just came accross this site and it is AWESOME! I gave them a call to find out about a hall I was interested in and John was a dream come true! So full of information!!! You can use the site to book various halls/check dates ONLINE too! They have really good information under "Free Advice for Planning the Perfect Party!" especially concerning the bar!!!

They offer a ton of services! Catering, Bar (set up, liquor purchase AND staff!) Room Set up! Check it out!

 

http://www.theeventcoordinators.com/

 

 

  Lacey - Have you looked at Whitemud Creek? It's very nice - has a great fountain and outdoor area!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found some great local jewelry makers in Edmonton when I was at the Make It craft show a couple of weekends ago. Her company name is Sapphire-Jewellery and she custom designs stuff for brides and their bridesmaid. I bought some cute earing from her and I am going to meet up with her in the New Year to design stuff. Below is her website.

 

http://www.sapphire-jewellery.com/home.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey has anyone ordered favors, etc from US sites and have to pay customs or duties on it when it arrived? I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Beau-Coup and then after i submitted it had the customs, duties message! I already paid $45 on shipping I don't want to be suprised with more charges when it all gets here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


YIKES! Some sites you do and some sites you don't... When my 2 BM dresses came from BCBG in the states - total was around $400-ish the duty was $80!!! I've had to pay it when I've ordered from American Eagle too but it's always included at the end of the transaction so I don't pay it upon arrival. Hopefully you don't get a nasty surprise! If there was a message about having to pay the duty upon arrival I would prepare for the extra cost! My dresses came UPS.
 

Originally Posted by L&C In Love View Post

Hey has anyone ordered favors, etc from US sites and have to pay customs or duties on it when it arrived? I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Beau-Coup and then after i submitted it had the customs, duties message! I already paid $45 on shipping I don't want to be suprised with more charges when it all gets here!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know! I am thinking it will be a lot and can't decide if I should just pay it or cancel the order! I searched and can't find it all here and its quote a bit more. Why can't Canada just have all the things I want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't really see a need for a wedding planner if you use a resort that includes a coordintor in your package.  I know with the Karisma resorts they have WC in Miami that you deal with by email/phone and then thay transfer all the info to your on site WC.  Ours went very smooth and anything extra I needed(putting candles&favors on tables and setting up our guestbook/postcard table)I just enlisted a good friend to help with and bought her a beach massage for helping us out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies! I'm also from Edmonton, getting married in Cabo San Lucas on November 10, 2011. Wanted to say hi! I'm happy there is an Edmonton thread!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Awesome! Feel free to share any ideas, etc. you have come up with. Are you having an at home reception?

Originally Posted by JenK View Post

Hi Ladies! I'm also from Edmonton, getting married in Cabo San Lucas on November 10, 2011. Wanted to say hi! I'm happy there is an Edmonton thread!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



i purchased my hot sauce favors from beau coup and i paid 20$ of duty on a 145$ order. ( 145 = order+shipping)

 

hopefully urs wont b too hefty.

Originally Posted by L&C In Love View Post

I know! I am thinking it will be a lot and can't decide if I should just pay it or cancel the order! I searched and can't find it all here and its quote a bit more. Why can't Canada just have all the things I want!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only ended up paying $18, on my order of $325 I think it was. Surprisingly good!

 

Originally Posted by nmurch View Post



i purchased my hot sauce favors from beau coup and i paid 20$ of duty on a 145$ order. ( 145 = order+shipping)

 

hopefully urs wont b too hefty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&C In Love View Post

I know! I am thinking it will be a lot and can't decide if I should just pay it or cancel the order! I searched and can't find it all here and its quote a bit more. Why can't Canada just have all the things I want!


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I think I fhttp://www.cigarjamaica.com/ound what you're looking for: 
    • My parents divorced quite recently, just few years ago after being rather unhappily married for 26 years. My mom caught him cheating. I got engaged a few months ago and a month later with little notice my father married the woman who he was with when my mom caught him. I live in a different country so only met her and her family a few times, they were very nice to me, my father is very happy. I am polite / neutral with her. On the contrary my mom is not doing great at all, she is still in a complete breakdown and a month after engagement she made a scene that she does not want my father at my wedding and hang up on me. When she found out i speak to his new partner she refused to talk to me ever again. It’s been a couple of month now, i tried to reach out but she blocked me. My mom is not really a very reasonable type, i try to take care of her and cheer her up but I cant just sit and talk to her peacefully, it is always a drama when it comes to my father. My grandparents are on her side. I mentioned to my father that i will not be inviting his wife as i don’t feel comfortable making the whole situation much worse and also because i really dont know her well to which he said that he may not be coming then. What do I do about it? It looks like it maybe the case that neither of my parents will come or if my father comes with his wife i may never be able to fix the relationship with my mother....
    • I'm so excited to finally, after 9 years, getting married again!  He's so amazing and we want to have an amazing wedding in Jamaica next year.  Allow me to introduce myself:  I am Katherine,  his grandchildren will call me KitKat! who is marrying a minister that truly leaves me speechless at times the way he loves and cares for me.  Professionally, I am a destination wedding planner/travel agent/award-winning floral designer, so this wedding will be my ENCORE.  Last night, we started out with 50 guests, relatively the larger size of most destination weddings.  Then our guest list grew to 100.  Right! My team right now, does have a contact in Jamaica, that I'm already working with. We are working on the budget, constantly.  The plan is to have all of the details together before Thanksgiving holiday, so that family and friends can prepare to start booking.
    • Wow.... it looks like I need to add some things to my bags ..#goals Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • May be a long shot here.... trying to resurrect this post. Would anyone be willing to send me the files while I work on my points?  Karencarreiro@me.com
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...