Photo

Ceremony on Beach vs. Gazebo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JessiH2009

JessiH2009
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:01 AM

I was thinking that I might do the actual ceremony by a gazebo so that we can all wear our fancy footwear, I'm wondering if any of you know of some of the resorts that have nice gazebos or even areas with nice arches that have a solid surface beneath them instead of sand? I still want to do tons of photos on the beach, but I think getting married on the actual beach in heels (which I do want to weaer) would be difficult.

Thanks!

#2 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
    • 484 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

Hello fellow Calgarian!
      We're getting married at the Grand Riviera Princess in April and they have a pretty nice gazebo with a nice long aisle/walkway sort of like a deck I guess, and it's pretty much on the beach in a semi private area so you still have the water and sand visible, so you could still wear heels...also Dreams Tulum has a chapel...Most of the resorts have gazebos - or an area off the beach where you can do the ceremony, and I know most of the brides are wearing heels so I think whatever your choice: you'll be fine!
      Good luck and welcome to the forum!
      Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
      Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
      My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#3 vdaybride

vdaybride
      • 1,412 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:27 AM

The Dreams Resorts have great gazebos. You will find great suggestions from the great ladies on this site! Welcome
        Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#4 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
        • 573 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

I got married at the Sirenis La Salina in Varadero, and they did a great job setting up the gazebo for me. There was stone walkway all the way from our room to the gazebo, and they had patio stone surrounding the gazebo for the chairs and guests.

#5 RonNMel

RonNMel
          • 388 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

The Iberostar Varadero has a Gazebo in a beautiful garden.

#6 JessiH2009

JessiH2009
            • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

Anywhere that has a gazebo that has a total ocean view behind? Even if it is an arch (more of a square/rectangular arch) but I really want to be close to the ocean, or maybe a pier of some sort?

#7 jackobelle

jackobelle
              • 359 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JessiH2009
                Anywhere that has a gazebo that has a total ocean view behind? Even if it is an arch (more of a square/rectangular arch) but I really want to be close to the ocean, or maybe a pier of some sort?
                The Barcelo Marina Palace in Varadero has one just like this. I saw it when I went to visit and it is beautiful.

#8 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
                • 450 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

The Melia Varadero has a beautiful gazebo overlooking the ocean

#9 Melidell

Melidell
                  • 1,091 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

The new wedding gazebo at Melia Las Dunas is like this, too. I'm sure that this isn't uncommon- maybe mention this to your travel agent as one of your requirements for a resort to narrow things down.
                    Loving married life!

#10 andrewdolphin

andrewdolphin
                    • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:43 AM

Also worth considering the Paradisus Rio de Oro in Guardalavaca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users