Photo

Dreams PV: Deals on your room for booking 30?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:26 AM

we just met with our travel agent yesterday. She had some really high quotes from Air Canada ( we went with them last year when we went to Dreams PV and decided to have the wedding there this year) BUT she was strongly favoring WestJet. They had a significant difference in price. It was based on a rate for Oct. We are going in Nov so she thought it would be close to that. She even said that West Jet would give you a cheaper price if it so happens the price drops after the fact you have already booked and paid.

#12 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

Definitely contact a TA. Mine was a lot cheaper than the resort and even got me a discount on the wedding package. I'm sure Tammy's team can help you out.

#13 **Kat**

**Kat**
      • 2,682 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:21 PM

I agree with Autumn! My travel agent saved my MOH over $600 from the last time she booked her trip (she went to Dreams PV in October) on the SAME room and an even BETTER flight... she was extremely impressed

#14 KateandDavid2011

KateandDavid2011
        • 17 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

Thanks! I will be sure to contact the TA and see what the next step is! Thank you so much for the referral!

#15 **Kat**

**Kat**
          • 2,682 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

Good Luck!

#16 steveandveronica2005

steveandveronica2005
            • Site Supporter
            • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

Thanks everyone for the pricing. Ive been planning on going here as well and was wondering if I should use a travel agent or not..You just made my decision a little bit easier! Thanks.

#17 tiffaneyh

tiffaneyh
              • 151 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:29 AM

As far as rates are concerned mine are similar. I worked with a TA and stated in my contract with the resort is that for every night there are at least 15 rooms booked at double occupancy (30 guests) we get 1 free night. The catch is that the rooms need to be booked through the TA to count toward this. If guest book through expedia it does not count.

I have to pay for the trip in full before we go, so I am not sure how I get that money back. I will let you know once I figure it out.
                Tiffaney

Dreams Puerto Vallarta
                October 21, 2010

#18 tiffaneyh

tiffaneyh
                • 151 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:32 AM

The other thing is that based on us holding 20 rooms in our group block the TA is able to use one of her vendors to get discounted group airfare. (I am not sure how good the discount is, but every little bit counts.)
                  Tiffaney

Dreams Puerto Vallarta
                  October 21, 2010

#19 smangicap

smangicap
                  • 23 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:31 PM

Hi there!

I have just officially booked our wedding at Dreams PV on June 9, 2011 :)

I also did a room block using a TA (Teresa Stauring from Vacations for Less) - we blocked out 12 rooms, and these are the rates she gave us:

Deluxe: $110/person

Deluxe w/ balcony: $120/person

Preferred Jr. Suite: $164/person

We also get the "book 5 rooms, get 1 free" deal - so will get 2 rooms comped.

I don't know when your wedding will be, so maybe the rates would be different?

Good luck!

Sheila

#20 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,659 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

Teresa is great...she is TA Teresa on here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smangicap 

Hi there!

I have just officially booked our wedding at Dreams PV on June 9, 2011 :)

I also did a room block using a TA (Teresa Stauring from Vacations for Less) - we blocked out 12 rooms, and these are the rates she gave us:

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users