Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1841 Nicyx

Nicyx
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,914 posts

    Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mischaka
    mine will be at the Playa Maroma. I know a couple that went to the RM and i'm sure everything is fine there. but I don't know anyone who I can ask that has been at the PM to confirm anything. I think i'm just being paranoid.


    Thanks alot!! I'm sure people will be nice I just didn't or don't want to feel out of place. This is what I need to hear though.
    You will be fine :-) It is a bit nerve wrecking though going somewhere youve never been before and its more of a big deal i think when your planning a DW aswell as that is making the trip that extra special and we just want everything to be perfect dont we :-)

    I must say everytime we have been away we have got talking to people, mostly from the U.K. or the U.S. and love it and people are always so so nice.. I just love Americans, so so outgoing and happy all the time and i just adore the American accent.., sorry just going slightly OT there!!!

    Mischaka..... You will be absolutly fine :-) x0x

    #1842 Nicyx

    Nicyx
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,914 posts

      Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

      OK, so we have had "2 regret cards" today :-( from my aunt and uncle and 1 from my cousin... i thought they wouldnt come to the wedding but its sad to have it comfirmed!!

      Im so jealous of you girls who are taking loads of people im thinking at the mo its just going to be us, my FSIL, hubby and niece. Im pleased at that but i wanted a good few. My mum and dad are still to confirm yet 2.... coz of prices but i just have to learn to deal with the ups and DOWNs of planning a DW.
      One of my friends and her fella may be in mexico around the same time so said they may get a day pass (even if they have to watch from a distance.. due to the 80% guest rule at the RIU) which will be great :-)

      Stephen gets told in 2 weeks if he is actually being made redundant or not... 2 weeks down 2 to go... fingers x's it goes fast and we get the best news ever and i can carry on wedding planning instead of wedding cancelling!!!!

      xoxo

      #1843 prettypigpig

      prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

        Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mischaka
        mine will be at the Playa Maroma. I know a couple that went to the RM and i'm sure everything is fine there. but I don't know anyone who I can ask that has been at the PM to confirm anything. I think i'm just being paranoid.




        Thanks alot!! I'm sure people will be nice I just didn't or don't want to feel out of place. This is what I need to hear though.
        You won't feel out of place! There are a lot of darker skin tone people from US, Canada and Europe in RM. Asians...like myself are rarer..and usually those from Mainland China are very weird/ out of place! One time I saw one chinese couple (from Mainland China 110%) pasty white skin..walking with an umbrella all the time (not a trendy parasol), but the funniest moment was when the guy went into the water with a t-shirt and swam like a dog with his black plastic frame 1980s glasses on him...LOL...

        Bonnie

        Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


        #1844 prettypigpig

        prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

          Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nicyx
          OK, so we have had "2 regret cards" today :-( from my aunt and uncle and 1 from my cousin... i thought they wouldnt come to the wedding but its sad to have it comfirmed!!

          Im so jealous of you girls who are taking loads of people im thinking at the mo its just going to be us, my FSIL, hubby and niece. Im pleased at that but i wanted a good few. My mum and dad are still to confirm yet 2.... coz of prices but i just have to learn to deal with the ups and DOWNs of planning a DW.
          One of my friends and her fella may be in mexico around the same time so said they may get a day pass (even if they have to watch from a distance.. due to the 80% guest rule at the RIU) which will be great :-)

          Stephen gets told in 2 weeks if he is actually being made redundant or not... 2 weeks down 2 to go... fingers x's it goes fast and we get the best news ever and i can carry on wedding planning instead of wedding cancelling!!!!

          xoxo
          Positive Vibes~~~~~
          Positive Vibes~~~~~
          I will only send out invites this winter, as so many of my friends are trying to get pregnant...etc..etc...I sent out my STDs..and will only find out the number of guests next year.
          I still didn't decide on my dress yet..and will wait until I am done with my site inspection. I don't want how HOT is going to be...so better do a test..before picking a dress.

          I got my hairpiece today, for $7.80 CAD ..approx..$7 USD.
          The picture is the black model (shows better details of the organza and feathers)..but I got it in white

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Bonnie

          Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


          #1845 michelle2011

          michelle2011
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,301 posts

            Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:48 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nicyx
            OK, so we have had "2 regret cards" today :-( from my aunt and uncle and 1 from my cousin... i thought they wouldnt come to the wedding but its sad to have it comfirmed!!

            Im so jealous of you girls who are taking loads of people im thinking at the mo its just going to be us, my FSIL, hubby and niece. Im pleased at that but i wanted a good few. My mum and dad are still to confirm yet 2.... coz of prices but i just have to learn to deal with the ups and DOWNs of planning a DW.
            One of my friends and her fella may be in mexico around the same time so said they may get a day pass (even if they have to watch from a distance.. due to the 80% guest rule at the RIU) which will be great :-)

            Stephen gets told in 2 weeks if he is actually being made redundant or not... 2 weeks down 2 to go... fingers x's it goes fast and we get the best news ever and i can carry on wedding planning instead of wedding cancelling!!!!

            xoxo
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by prettypigpig
            Positive Vibes~~~~~
            Positive Vibes~~~~~
            I will only send out invites this winter, as so many of my friends are trying to get pregnant...etc..etc...I sent out my STDs..and will only find out the number of guests next year.
            I still didn't decide on my dress yet..and will wait until I am done with my site inspection. I don't want how HOT is going to be...so better do a test..before picking a dress.

            I got my hairpiece today, for $7.80 CAD ..approx..$7 USD.
            The picture is the black model (shows better details of the organza and feathers)..but I got it in white

            Click the image to open in full size.
            I have everything crossed for you Nicy! I really hope FI's job is OK and it will all be fine :o)...... so much stress i bet you can't wait to just know what is going on.... The unknown is the worst feeling! xxx

            We are just sick of be delayed in booking up! Really fed up with it now. I've had an email this morning from Cosmos to say they are still looking into the flight dates.... I mean how hard can it be to confirm with the airline when the flights are! As i said before useless idiots!! Just another delay to us booking our wedding :o(....

            Bonnie love the head piece. Would love to see it on you to know what it really looks like :o)

            We've never been to Mexico but not worrying at all about feeling out of place etc.. I love meeting people from all walks of life. I think it makes it more fun and you feel more on holiday that way! Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same! I agree with Nicy and Josie! xx It will all be OK and nobody need worry! xx

            #1846 josietoms

            josietoms
            • Member
            • 765 posts

              Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:55 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
              This made me laugh out loud.

              And I'm so with you...on Monday, we'll be exactly 8 months away...time is flying! Gotta lose that last 20 pounds!
              I think i typed exactly what was in my mind - lol!

              I have 7lb to lose if i want to be at my lowest weight - havent been running as much in the last few weeks so need to do that again otherwise i'll be on the slim fast a month before we go and i cant be doing that with all the lovely festive food around over christmas!
              Josie x

              #1847 josietoms

              josietoms
              • Member
              • 765 posts

                Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lindobride14
                First off, Josie, I cannot believe we are at the 8 month mark! Holy Cannoli, I need to get my butt in motion :)

                Back to my quest to find the perfect invitation.

                Here's the three I like best. They are all from White Aisle, which has such beautiful invitations if anyone is looking.

                Which do you all like the best? I'm torn!

                I LOVE this one, but don't know if it looks Mexican enough. It's called Shanghai, but doesn't really look Asian to me. (these are the actual colors we are doing, hot pink and coral)
                Shanghai Wedding invitation


                This is the Venice:
                Lace Invitation, Vintage Lace Design Wedding Invitation, Venetian Lace


                And last but not least, Mexico!
                Mexico Wedding invitation

                Although the Mexico is probably the most fitting, there is something about Shanghai that I just love!
                I know!! As we have a long weekend here in the England this weekend and both me and FI have hangovers from hell today - hes in bed and i'm on the sofa not planning on moving today -i have got a pad and pen and am going to trawl the internet for ideas, prices and finally get my butt in gear and make some decisions; rather than keep thinking 'oh thats nice' and not doing anything about it - today i am a woman on a mission!! :-)

                Re; your invitation options i really like the Mexico one - but they are are beautiful x
                Josie x

                #1848 Nicyx

                Nicyx
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,914 posts

                  Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by prettypigpig
                  Positive Vibes~~~~~
                  Positive Vibes~~~~~
                  I will only send out invites this winter, as so many of my friends are trying to get pregnant...etc..etc...I sent out my STDs..and will only find out the number of guests next year.
                  I still didn't decide on my dress yet..and will wait until I am done with my site inspection. I don't want how HOT is going to be...so better do a test..before picking a dress.

                  I got my hairpiece today, for $7.80 CAD ..approx..$7 USD.
                  The picture is the black model (shows better details of the organza and feathers)..but I got it in white

                  I have everything crossed for you Nicy! I really hope FI's job is OK and it will all be fine :o)...... so much stress i bet you can't wait to just know what is going on.... The unknown is the worst feeling! xxx

                  We are just sick of be delayed in booking up! Really fed up with it now. I've had an email this morning from Cosmos to say they are still looking into the flight dates.... I mean how hard can it be to confirm with the airline when the flights are! As i said before useless idiots!! Just another delay to us booking our wedding :o(....

                  Bonnie love the head piece. Would love to see it on you to know what it really looks like :o)

                  We've never been to Mexico but not worrying at all about feeling out of place etc.. I love meeting people from all walks of life. I think it makes it more fun and you feel more on holiday that way! Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same! I agree with Nicy and Josie! xx It will all be OK and nobody need worry! xx
                  Michelle, can you contact the airline direct? Show em how to do their job!! I cant believe that they are just pussy footing around like they are... hopefully its coz they are getting the 100% correct info for you and the RIGHT price xox

                  #1849 michelle2011

                  michelle2011
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,301 posts

                    Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

                    Thomas Cook airlines arn't there weekends or bank hols so i will have to wait till tuesday, when hopefully the TA's should know for sure? I just dont get it. You go on TCook airlines and they dont do a flight to Cancun on the 24th. So Cosmos must have made a mistake! But i'm not booking until i know for sure. Cos it will effect the wedding date!

                    We will get there in the end :o)

                    Found out today FI's nan's are not coming. One because she is not in the best health and the other just hasn't got the money.... Our numbers are slowly going down, lol...

                    #1850 Nicyx

                    Nicyx
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,914 posts

                      Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

                      Ahhh, yes TC... ofcourse... thats why there are problems.... Good luck for tues :-)

                      Hopefully we'll both have some good news from TC on tues!!!

                      xox




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users